Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Application for Vehicle Registration in my account but there is no instruction what to do with it. Any suggestions?
That happened to me too. I waited a few days, then received an email with the same application attached & instructions to fill it in & return it by email. I did that, and received no confirmation of it being received or actioned. I'm 3 days out from delivery & still don't know whether they've received it.

Reactions: advertisingfre
That happened to me too. I waited a few days, then received an email with the same application attached & instructions to fill it in & return it by email. I did that, and received no confirmation of it being received or actioned. I'm 3 days out from delivery & still don't know whether they've received it.
The form will have the VIN, use this to look up the RAV database which will show if the car has been registered. Or call them.

Has anyone had to get their invoice updated for leasing companies? and if so how long did it take for the changes to show up?

I phoned them this morning and got it done but havent recieved anything yet.
Tesla sorted this out as late change with the Leasing company, they want to get paid so that they can move the car so they're motivated. I never saw the updated invoice, it went straight to the leasing company.

Tesla sorted this out as late change with the Leasing company, they want to get paid so that they can move the car so they're motivated. I never saw the updated invoice, it went straight to the leasing company.
interesting my leasing company does everything through me, on the phone again this morning as the invoice wasnt updated correctly.

The invoice was updated to my order page the day after I contacted them if anyone else was interested.

@Gareth Oakes Want to add something for ACT residents. Can consider adding this to your original post.

In the ACT, we have an Sustainable Household Scheme (ACT SHS) which allows us to get up to $15k interest free loans over 10 years for an EV. Sustainable Household Scheme
  1. When ordering your Tesla, select third party lender "Brighte" when completing payment details. Brighte is the official lender of the ACT government for this scheme. Enter desired loan amount from Brighte (up to $15k).
  2. In parallel or even before you put your Tesla order, apply for a loan from Brighte here: Find tradies – Brighte
  3. Navigate to the Tesla tile and select "Request Callback". This is important because the usual loan officers you talk to if you call them directly aren't authorised to create ACT SHS Tesla loan applications. They have a separate team that looks after that so you will need to wait for their call.
  4. Brighte will call you and initiate the loan process. Once approved you could probably tell your Tesla rep and/or email them your loan approval documents in case they need to update the invoice (this may happen if they offer you an amount lower than what you nominated).
  5. From there everything should happen behind the scenes no different to any other loan process.

So the invoices needs to be in the name of leasing company?
So when had my leasing done, the invoice had to be 'invoiced to' the lease company, but 'delivered to' and 'registered to' the driver (aka me). They also could only fund the entire purchase price meaning I had to get Tesla to update the invoice to remove the deposit paid and refund that after delivery

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
I just take my Model 3 today. And after arrive home, I realized there is no roadside safety kit inside, like the triangle warning sign, emegency kit. Does this not come with Model 3? I thought this is required by law.

I just take my Model 3 today. And after arrive home, I realized there is no roadside safety kit inside, like the triangle warning sign, emegency kit. Does this not come with Model 3? I thought this is required by law.
It's not required by law but one day it might be restocked in Tesla store for $100.

Or you can get one for 27 cents at K-mart.

So when had my leasing done, the invoice had to be 'invoiced to' the lease company, but 'delivered to' and 'registered to' the driver (aka me). They also could only fund the entire purchase price meaning I had to get Tesla to update the invoice to remove the deposit paid and refund that after delivery
Thank you. Do we have to call Tesla to do these changes or the Leasing company will handle them as I have already given my RN number to them?