Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the payment of the car, is it possible to pay just a small amount initially, and confirm it is received at Tesla's end? It would just give a bit of peace of mind, knowing that they are receiving it before shelling out the remainder.
Yes this is common practice, as is paying by multiple smaller payments. I first sent $5 which showed up in the App the following day. Each payment shows in the app until final amount is paid.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Yes this is common practice, as is paying by multiple smaller payments. I first sent $5 which showed up in the App the following day. Each payment shows in the app until final amount is paid.
Thank you for the info, exactly what I wanted to know. Wouldn't want to be this lady : Andrea wanted to drive a Tesla for the 'rest of her days'. Scammers got in the way . Although in that article it says hackers intercepted the invoice and changed the details. I'd say that was unlikely. It was probably more that they had gotten access to her email account for a while beforehand, monitored it and noticed she had a Tesla ordered, and then sent her a fake invoice.
Did Tesla even e-mail invoices in the past? As far as I can tell they don't do now. I had to download it from my Tesla portal.
Anyway, I received the "Your Model 3 delivery is approaching" SMS&Email yesterday, so it shouldn't be too far off.

For the payment of the car, is it possible to pay just a small amount initially, and confirm it is received at Tesla's end? It would just give a bit of peace of mind, knowing that they are receiving it before shelling out the remainder.
Yes. This is common practice. Make a small deposit to the account, wait until it shows up in your account on the Tesla website site, then you know you have the right numbers, etc, I transferred $500 first, waited for that to be received, then t/f'd the rest.

September order here in NSW
EDD was Feb-May
I received my final Invoice before i was assigned a Tesla Model Y.

As soon as i got my final invoice my EDD changed to 11 April - 02 May

This week my EDD got pushed back to 19 April - 10 May

I saw my VIN in the RAV before i got the text message "Delivery is Approaching"

As soon as i finalized my payment and sent my registration, i recieved the text "Delivery is approaching"

The past 6 months my account wasn't assigned the VIN, so no VIN in my tesla app or website.

EDD was Feb-May

As soon as i finalized my payment and sent my registration, i recieved the text "Delivery is approaching"

The past 6 months my account wasn't assigned the VIN, so no VIN in my tesla app or website.
Your VIN would have been present in your account as a 'hidden VIN' before your final invoice was issued. But it's a moot point as none of that changes the final delivery date... :)

Your VIN would have been present in your account as a 'hidden VIN' before your final invoice was issued. But it's a moot point as none of that changes the final delivery date... :)
Actually i was going through the source code everyday just incase it appeared and had no luck. It only appeared once i got the message my final invoice is ready. But ye youre right, all moot.

EDD was Feb-May

I ordered sept and had the same delivery window as you too.
Got pushed twice and once again this week to now 1may - 22nd may
Just received my final invoice 2 days ago as they had to accept my trade in.
I don't see any balance amount or anything like that in my account tho strangely
Wondering also where did you send the registration paper?

I ordered sept and had the same delivery window as you too.
Got pushed twice and once again this week to now 1may - 22nd may
Just received my final invoice 2 days ago as they had to accept my trade in.
I don't see any balance amount or anything like that in my account tho strangely
Wondering also where did you send the registration paper?
For NSW, you email the rego papers to: [email protected]

Anyone else still waiting for their car and has the Tesla app installed on their phone?
The recent update to the app (v4.20.69 on Android) has a few 'Supporrt' links on the front page of the app - but with this update none of them work for me. Are others finding the same?
Not a biggy because I'll have the car soon anyway, but just curious. This is on a Samsung S21 running Android 13

Anyone else still waiting for their car and has the Tesla app installed on their phone?
The recent update to the app (v4.20.69 on Android) has a few 'Supporrt' links on the front page of the app - but with this update none of them work for me. Are others finding the same?
Not a biggy because I'll have the car soon anyway, but just curious. This is on a Samsung S21 running Android 13
Same deal one the iOS app mate.

Reactions: NeilA
Ordered a M3 in mid-May with a delivery in May to June 23.
I haven't received or found a VIN yet in my order page.
Is this the normal process? Should I follow up with a SA or somthing?
Yes, you won't get a VIN until a vehicle is assigned, which frequently happens while the vehicle is on board the ship bringing it here, but may happen even later. The SA won't be able to do anything.

Ordered a RWD Model 3 in PERTH on April 4.

Got my Sales Agreement immediately along with “Welcome to Tesla” SMS having paid my deposit.

Got the “A car has been assigned” SMS last Monday.

Got the VIN couple days ago and found the car on Lavender Ace , arriving next Sunday June 11.

My EDD is still June 24-30 so that looks pretty spot on.

I see the Registration Docs on bottom of my Tesla Account. I’ve not signed them (that I recall!). Do I download and sign and send back? I’ve never had a “complete registration docs” SMS.

That seems to be point 2 in the timeline on page 1 of this thread, but I’m WAY past that in the process!

It’s a cash sale. No financing. No trade-in.

Tks