TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What to use to clean ultra white seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by mitchellh3, Mar 29, 2017.

1. mitchellh3

mitchellh3 Member

Hello! Just picked up an S with ultra white seats but figured X drivers would have more experience in this area... what do you use to clean the seats? I've heard baby wipes are good but just want to check from folks who have had their seats longer. :)

2. rrooster

rrooster New Member

I use AutoGlym Leather Cleaner often, & occasionally the Leather Conditioner. This guy (with an unfortunate co. name) has great videos for technique... (I only tried his paint sealer & wheel gel products) How to Condition Leather Seats | AMMO NYC

3. rrooster

rrooster New Member

oh thats the conditioner vid... here's the cleaning technique:

4. rainforest

rainforest Member

Why don't people follow the official Tesla instructions? They only suggest rubbing alcohol, and it works perfectly.

From page 160:

Polyurethane Seats

Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and non-detergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. For difficult stains on ultra-white seats, use isopropyl alcohol, then wipe with a damp cloth. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. mitchellh3

mitchellh3 Member

Thanks @rainforest! I just didn't see that section. :) That is perfect.

6. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

I had an issue with jean transfer this past weekend. Isopropyl worked pretty well. Did a video for those interested:

• Informative x 1