Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your maximum charge rate at a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This file doesn’t open for me.

Sorry - lets try that again

Picture1.jpg

I just completed my first long-range trip, and looked at MPH instead, didn't even notice the power level.

I got 488 MPH at Cabazon in southern California. Highest I've seen so far, but I don't have any photographic evidence.
Best to think of (and report) charge rate in kW along with state of charge, rather than mph, because kW is the power being delivered st that moment and mph shown is the average of the session. Later in the taper the mph figure will make you think you’re charging faster than you really are and you might stay longer than you would otherwise.

I was able to get 777 km/h (487 mi/h), 117 kW, out of Belleville On. This was about 7 min. into the charge when I checked it. 45% charged at that point. Recent charge rates seem to be faster than what has been reported a few months ago. Any chance that they have been bumped up in a recent software update?
Screenshot_20180610-155827_Tesla.jpg

GEtting ready to take my first LONG road trip. Total should be about 5000 miles. After reading this forum, I'm getting nervous. Was not expecting a lot of problems from charging stations. Fortunately, I only have 2 events that are scheduled. The rest of the time is unscheduled and there is no rush.

I am looking for suggestions.

I took my first road trip in my 3 a few days ago, and I was disappointed to see the charging power displayed in KW, I want volts and amps readings like what the S and X have. I touched 119 KW a few times, right around 50% SOC it starts the taper.

I took my first road trip in my 3 a few days ago, and I was disappointed to see the charging power displayed in KW, I want volts and amps readings like what the S and X have. I touched 119 KW a few times, right around 50% SOC it starts the taper.
Model S and X haven’t displayed volts and amps while supercharging since several firmware versions ago. (Major version numbers, not just different builds, so it’s been a few years).

Reactions: Zoomit