Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Wh/mi are you getting with AWD and P cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you put the vehicle in park it "finalizes" the numbers. It does not zero out the numbers until the next time you put the vehicle in drive (you must also exit the driver's seat to initiate the reset of the "drive" trip meter).
I came back hours later for that number, it wasn't reset, but yeah must have added a bit.

That will improve your efficiency on a 2-mile trip by approximately 90Wh/mi (115ft*1.6kWh/1000ft/2mi). So your baseline is about ~205Wh/mi which seems like it could be about right for an LR AWD at low speed.

Let us know about the return trip in the exact opposite direction! I would expect about 290Wh/mi.

Yeah the uphill is definitely more, it's hard to say because it always starts with a very high number that comes down, so when I leave at first it's like 700Wh/mi after a few minutes this becomes 300Wh/mi and then slowly drops from there, but then I hit the hills and it brings the numbers down again. It maybe because I live in a Condo and don't charge every night? + Sentry mode is always on which is a drain, I wonder if this plays into my large starting no.s??
I've got a new low of 102Wh/mi - I'll post it shortly.

OK I got my Library 2 miles back home (with mostly downhill sections) down to 102Wh/mi!! at one point it dropped to 78Wh/mi, I thought I was gonna beat my goal, anyway still pretty cool, this time very very easy driving, intentionally being very light on throttle, still going upto normal road speeds (max 35mph), and letting the regen work for a long time on the downhill sections, but did the trip faster than my run yesterday.
When I do the out and up trip I'll get a better idea of the round-trip numbers.

Attachments

• 20190522_181051.jpg
    20190522_181051.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 123
When you put the vehicle in park it "finalizes" the numbers. It does not zero out the numbers until the next time you put the vehicle in drive (you must also exit the driver's seat to initiate the reset of the "drive" trip meter).

That will improve your efficiency on a 2-mile trip by approximately 90Wh/mi (115ft*1.6kWh/1000ft/2mi). So your baseline is about ~205Wh/mi which seems like it could be about right for an LR AWD at low speed.

Let us know about the return trip in the exact opposite direction! I would expect about 290Wh/mi.

Sorry how does that calculation work? - 1.6kWh/1000ft/ what is this part ?
I will do the opposite direction when I get the chance, but I kinda don't want to do it first thing because my no.s start so high, I think because of the situation mentioned above.

Sorry how does that calculation work? - 1.6kWh/1000ft/ what is this part ?
I will do the opposite direction when I get the chance, but I kinda don't want to do it first thing because my no.s start so high, I think because of the situation mentioned above.

It's just the physics-based minimum number for potential energy. Just plug 4250lbs * 9.81m/s^2 *1000ft in kWh into Google, it'll tell you!

• Informative
Reactions: MrABRanch
It seems like this is everyones general experience but I got around 350 wh/mi when I first got my p3d even when I tried to drive as nice as possible. Now its around 250 in the same circumstances after 1800 miles or so. Of course I love to go fast so that number is nearer to 280 or so when I drive normally.