Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What wheels do I have? 100d March Purchase (21")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

I tried this link, but it doesn't even have the tire size right. I have 245/35/21's in the front, and 265/35/21's in the rear. I am looking for a spare rear wheel (thanks to a curb I didn't see), and am not sure if I have 8.5's in the rear, or 9.0's to support the tire stagger.

The owners manual shows 9" wheels as optional, and for Performance Plus vehicles. Hmm... is that the P100D?

I want to avoid taking the tires off and measuring (which I am not even sure how to do with the tires mounted on the wheels). By chance, does anyone know if the wheels are staggered on the 100d, or 8.5's all around?

Tesla Model S 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

I tried this link, but it doesn't even have the tire size right. I have 245/35/21's in the front, and 265/35/21's in the rear. I am looking for a spare rear wheel (thanks to a curb I didn't see), and am not sure if I have 8.5's in the rear, or 9.0's to support the tire stagger.

The owners manual shows 9" wheels as optional, and for Performance Plus vehicles. Hmm... is that the P100D?

I want to avoid taking the tires off and measuring (which I am not even sure how to do with the tires mounted on the wheels). By chance, does anyone know if the wheels are staggered on the 100d, or 8.5's all around?
Adding a picture of the wheels would assist us in assisting you

I have 245/35/21's in the front, and 265/35/21's in the rear.
You just answered part of the question. You have 21" tires. the first number is the width of the tire: 245 front, 265 back. That is the very definition of staggered - different sizes between front and back. The spare tire should match the size (21" in your case).

Unless you plan on carrying 2 spare tires to match front/back, you are most likely looking into a temporary spare tire till you get the damaged one replaced with proper match. Check with Tesla SC for recommendations, but you don't have to buy from them. Search for best deals.

Guys...
I am trying to figure out the width of my WHEELS. I know what tires I have and how they are measured. It is not obvious to me how to tell if I have the 9" wheels or the 8.5" wheels.

They make the wheels 8.5" and 9.0", and it is unclear when they use the 9.0" wheels for the rear. It may be just for the P model, but I cannot decipher the specs.

I frankly don't see how taking pictures helps in this case, and again, tire size is not the issue (and I fully understand what the numbers on the TIRES mean).

Sorry, hate to get testy with folks who may intend to help, but come on, read the post before pretending I am idiot.

(and to be clear, the wheel is the metal/alloy part, the tire is the rubber thing they put on the wheel :) ). There, I can do it too.

Just figured out an easier way to tell 8 1/2" from 9" wheels. The lug nuts are further recessed in the 9" wheels.
Tesla Wheel.jpg
Tesla Wheel 9.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn