Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will happen to current owners once Tesla drops the price of new Y's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Increasing wages will also increase employment.
  • workers have more disposable income
  • therefore more money is spent on goods and services
  • thus, businesses make more profit
  • plus, we all get a tax cut due to the reduction in poverty assistance

I call it the "trickle-up theory"
Not in the U.K. the government has frozen tax bands for the next few years. Higher pay means more tax for the government and less for the worker. When you add in inflation the workers who pay the governments wages are being hit hard.

The government recently said that they want to help those with the cost of living. Right, you just made it even harder for the country by taxing us more because you can’t manage the money you take from the workers. They’re desperately trying to get those that have left the workforce but no one wants to come back as they’ll pay so much in taxes. What’s the point of giving all your hard earned cash to fiscally irresponsible people.

To your point: The depressing thing is that economists know that lowering taxes actually makes more revenue for the government as more workers enter employment.

So many wrong comments/posts in this thread from 6 months ago (maybe 80%?). Good call. I think the thing that is very clear now for everyone is Tesla is not looking for exclusivity (I don't think it ever was with how many you see) and price cuts (and raises) can happen immediately/sharply.

If a Model 2 comes out maybe to compete with the Bolt/Leaf, more of an EV for the masses since there's still only so many people who can pay $40k - $70k for a car, that should move a lot more volume and keep the factories going.

This was posted earlier here about an Apple price cut: