Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do if 8.0 delivers tomorrow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, still waiting. I've been checking FB posts too, and haven't seen anyone with an X that has gotten 8.0 yet. Over on the Model S forum, it sounds like the people that got 8.0 yesterday got another 8.0 update today. Tesla must have found a bug in the initial release. That might have slowed down the rollout.

@LouisMcC, Are you sure that wasn't another 7.1 update? A lot of stuff changed in 8.0 so you most likely would have noticed. The charging animation now shows an image of the battery pack in the car, the icons have changed (calendar icon shows the date), music and maps apps have extensive changes, etc.

Your right it was V.7. Got a email from Tesla about V8 and went to car to find an upload. I was sure it was V8
image.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
I wish the Moderators/TMC God or whoever, would create a forum for just software versions, irrespective of car model. Hate that we have troll through two threads, and eventually 3, for information that is common to all three.
I agree in general, but in this case a question specifically about MX is valuable. There are unique things promised for the X--like faster doors, and other things which seem to be missing--like Cargo Mode, that S owners probably don’t want to read about unless they are cross shopping.

My answer: I’ll wait to install. If the doors are faster I might just do it, but the impressions of problematic USB audio and the potential for more naggging on my usual non-highway roads are negatives for me. Being able to set the temperature threasholds in 8.1 would be compelling for me so I maybe waiting for that version.