Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you name your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone thought of naming their Model 3 "Serenity"? With Elon's "spaceship" comments, it seems a possible choice. I don't name my cars, or I might use that one.

This is on my list

Joules. I have custom plates waiting to be picked up at the DMV. Since "Joules" was taken, I decided on "Joul3s" which is pretty appropriate for Model 3 anyway. :)

Joules is also a contender - while I have to decide between custom plates or EV plates in my state (EV plates not customizable) another Tesla owner went with JOULERY (sounds like jewelry) for their plate. (WA, I think.)

I know some folks who named their dog Jewel. For the longest time I thought the dog's name was Joule. They never corrected me because they didn't realize I was saying Joule instead of Jewel. Very large, very friendly dog. The best kind. I don't remember the breed; something I'd never heard of before, but probably not pure.

We named our 3 Rocinante (from the Expanse). Others in the running were Weeping Somnambulist (also Expanse) or Serenity.

Interesting. I don't have a TV so never heard of The Expanse (had to Google it) but several hundred years before TV existed, Rocinante was the old, decrepit, broken-down horse belonging to Don Quixote in Cervantes' famous novel. In fact, in Spanish, a rocin is a used-up, broken-down horse, which is why Don Quixote's horse is named Rocinante.

I would name a broken-down old beater that was ready for the crusher Rocinante. I would not name a Tesla Rocinante. It's sad when modern pop culture turns the classics on their heads.

Interesting. I don't have a TV so never heard of The Expanse (had to Google it) but several hundred years before TV existed, Rocinante was the old, decrepit, broken-down horse belonging to Don Quixote in Cervantes' famous novel. In fact, in Spanish, a rocin is a used-up, broken-down horse, which is why Don Quixote's horse is named Rocinante.

I would name a broken-down old beater that was ready for the crusher Rocinante. I would not name a Tesla Rocinante. It's sad when modern pop culture turns the classics on their heads.

• Disagree
Reactions: daniel

I am well aware of the Don Quixote reference - it is discussed in the novel series, not so much in the TV adaptation of Expanse. However, the spaceship Roci is not a broken-down old beater in any regard (at least initially - later in the series it's a bit the worse for wear) and I don't think my model 3 minds being named after a spaceship. ;)