Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you pay for a LR AWD used?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its tough to compare the value of any car to a Tacoma. Toyota Tacomas have some of the highest resale values of any vehicle on the road. You can find examples for sale with 150-200k miles selling for $10k+.

The other thing you can't do is micro manage the value of your car. At best you will ruin your ownership experience, at worst you'll make yourself crazy. Manufacturers put out incentive programs, subvent rates, etc. all the time based on supply and demand of their product. These programs can often have short term and less often, long term impacts on the values of used cars. Its akin to reallocating your 401k from stocks to bonds because of one or two not so strong economic reports.

You purchased the car for the medium haul (3-4 years). Enjoy the car and worry about the best moment for resale values when you get the itch to buy a new car.

Reactions: Luudcrs
Curious to see what you folks would pay for a LR AWD, blue with EAP @ 7.5k miles now. I'm feeling burned by Tesla's recent moves and I'm not sure I want to have such a large car payment anymore.

CarMax is offering me $45k which, to my calculations, is actually more than what you can buy a new one for with the $5k Colorado credit added in. That would put me back only about $2k in depreciation plus the taxes and fees I paid. I got it appraised on the day the price drops happened and I'm worried if I don't sell during the 7 day appraisal period I could go for a re-appraisal and be offered only $39k or so.

Tesla is currently sitting on 100's of trade-in M3s in the NA which I have from a good source they will be posting for sale in Q2 2019...

I would not purchase a M3 when you can pick up a low mile Model S with free supercharging from Tesla direct or even cheaper via 3rd party for under $39k...

Tesla is currently sitting on 100's of trade-in M3s in the NA which I have from a good source they will be posting for sale in Q2 2019...

I would not purchase a M3 when you can pick up a low mile Model S with free supercharging from Tesla direct or even cheaper via 3rd party for under $39k...

I am curious to know how they can have so many trade-in Model 3s when they have just started to sell them in high volume in the last 9 months or so? Are those the 3 day-return cars or people buy Model 3s and decide they need to upgrade to a higher trim or even to an S or X?

Vroom offered $41.5k for LR RWD Red Aero AP, 7000 miles in MA.

That's actually a GAIN when I look at my net purchase price from last April after Fed and MA rebates. Problem? The MA rebate would need to be repaid, not sure how'd they track it though (requires 3yr ownership). And the MA rebate dropped from $2.5k to $1.5k at 1/1/19. So the lower Fed and MA rebates, despite the lower M3 pricing, would still result in a cost if I sold the 2018 and got a new 2019. I really want white interior though :(

Vroom offered $41.5k for LR RWD Red Aero AP, 7000 miles in MA.

That's actually a GAIN when I look at my net purchase price from last April after Fed and MA rebates. Problem? The MA rebate would need to be repaid, not sure how'd they track it though (requires 3yr ownership). And the MA rebate dropped from $2.5k to $1.5k at 1/1/19. So the lower Fed and MA rebates, despite the lower M3 pricing, would still result in a cost if I sold the 2018 and got a new 2019. I really want white interior though :(

$55,000 - $7,500 - $2,500 = $45k is around what you should have paid right? I'm pretty sure $41.5k is not a gain for you?