Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's different from Model Y 2020 & 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got VIN assigned on Monday I think. My SA says its still in pre-production stage which means they haven't even started building it in factory. I am wondering if they will incorporate anything new like HEPA filter etc.

Someone on Reddit just reported their 63xxx VIN has double paned glass windows. I don’t think that’s been reported on earlier 2021 VINs. I wonder what their build date was.

Reactions: wlrd08
Someone on Reddit just reported their 63xxx VIN has double paned glass windows. I don’t think that’s been reported on earlier 2021 VINs. I wonder what their build date was.

Oh thank you, didn't see any info regarding that anywhere

It would.be nice at least if they move SSD or usb inside glovebox but any way it won't matter there are ways to open glovebox

That would be amazing! My VIN is 66xxx and I pick mine up in two weeks. Even better than that would be an updated center console in my opinion.

My VIN is in the low 63 so not sure if I made the cut or not. I'm picking it up next week and was wondering if I can reject delivery if it doesn't come with double pane windows.

I got a 64 VIN yesterday, but seeing some 66/67 VINs posted. Does this mean I have a chance at not getting double layer windows etc...?

Should I reject and push out my VIN?

I’d imagine we’ll be getting the new center console within the next several months to accompany the front dual-paned windows for the 2021 mindless. HEPA filter + bio weapon defense mode would be a great plus, too.

I think you should be good. The person that got the update got their VIN in the 63.

I just called and checked and the SA told me that all 2021's will have the new updates w/double layer windows etc. Looks like anyone who ordered in the last week or so is good to go.

I just called and checked and the SA told me that all 2021's will have the new updates w/double layer windows etc. Looks like anyone who ordered in the last week or so is good to go.
I can confirm this is not accurate. I have a 2021 VIN (60xxx) that arrived at the service center today. It does NOT have the double paned glass. The build date was October 11th.

Attachments

• 88B78EBF-7659-4810-BD7E-1A3FFC068D5A.jpeg
    88B78EBF-7659-4810-BD7E-1A3FFC068D5A.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 510
  • Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White