Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going to be at the 2014 NAIAS Tesla exhibit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today from marketnewscall.com:
Kelley Blue Book analyst Karl Brauer thinks Tesla Motors Inc(NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk made a rookie mistake by rankling the NHTSA this week over what constitutes a recall.Though Musk made a decent point by correcting what many early reports had posted as a traditional recall of Model S cars, a seasoned automobile industry executive would have kept his or her Twitter feed quiet, thinks Brauer.Typically, automakers can negotiate behind the scenes with the NHTSA on the size and scope of a recall.
http://www.marketnewscall.com/just-...serad-galena-biopharma-incnasdaqgale/1216364/

I think the guy raised a good point, to some degree. But wasn't this a self initiated recall anyway? And it only affects NA customers anyhow. So shipping out this piece only to those who bought a car here in NA would be like 16-18k, for a part that is 45$, and they wanted to do this anyway. I don't really see where they would need to "negotiate" with NHTSA over anything here? But of course, this is making news again... so the stock is taking another hit today. Whatever.

So today from marketnewscall.com:

http://www.marketnewscall.com/just-...serad-galena-biopharma-incnasdaqgale/1216364/

I think the guy raised a good point, to some degree. But wasn't this a self initiated recall anyway? And it only affects NA customers anyhow. So shipping out this piece only to those who bought a car here in NA would be like 16-18k, for a part that is 45$, and they wanted to do this anyway. I don't really see where they would need to "negotiate" with NHTSA over anything here? But of course, this is making news again... so the stock is taking another hit today. Whatever.

It doesn't matter if Elon tweets or not. If it's about Tesla and can in any way be twisted (even falsely) into a negative for the company it will be a headline on a hundred news outlets in a matter of hours.