Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats new with 2020.20.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fallout Shelter
Updates to theater mode
Updates to TRAX for making Beats/music.

Fallout Shelter being the most important feature for this release. Can't wait to get it!

Fallout Shelter is great when you are parked.
Updated Theater Mode is great when you are parked.
Updated Trax is great for when you are parked.

As much as these updates are so great, it's really disheartening to see no fixes for the major USB audio or Spotify music player bugs :( Some of the USB audio player bugs have been around for over 2 years.

The music player is used by so many of us virtually every second we are in our cars and I really wish they'd fix some of the long-standing audio player bugs that really affect so many of us.

Stop adding games! ;( Focus on music, spotify and autopilot!!! Can't these developers accelerate the firmware updates needed for me to get closer to FSD?

I feel they are really making good progress with FSD with the incremental updates. At least this is something they are working on.

What is really disappointing is that they have prioritized software resources for games and toys while allowing major bugs with the Spotiy and USB music players fester with no visible efforts to fix some of the long standing bugs for months and years.

Our Model S is the best car we have owned in every possible way but it has the worst music player of any car we've owned :(

They can very easily fix these music player bugs if they would just focus on what customers use every day.

Stop adding games! ;( Focus on music, spotify and autopilot!!! Can't these developers accelerate the firmware updates needed for me to get closer to FSD?

They are working on that. Different development teams work on different branches and as they are ready they get merged into the main code base for testing and then release.

The team responsible for the games and entertainment are different as are the Autopilot teams. It's how Agile based software development works.

Games are here to stay and they will grow for in vehicle entertainment (when parked of course).

They are working on that. Different development teams work on different branches and as they are ready they get merged into the main code base for testing and then release.

The team responsible for the games and entertainment are different as are the Autopilot teams. It's how Agile based software development works.

Games are here to stay and they will grow for in vehicle entertainment (when parked of course).

If there’s a separate team for the music player they appear to be non-existant. No new features and bugs galore. I hope they are planning on an overhaul of the music player, Spotify and Slacker soon. As advanced as Tesla is which FSD they are far behind with the music player. I did file a ticket with Tesla for Spotify and they said they will be addressing it in a future update. Let’s hope that is true.

Reactions: Scott7
If there’s a separate team for the music player they appear to be non-existant. No new features and bugs galore. I hope they are planning on an overhaul of the music player, Spotify and Slacker soon. As advanced as Tesla is which FSD they are far behind with the music player. I did file a ticket with Tesla for Spotify and they said they will be addressing it in a future update. Let’s hope that is true.

I admire your confidence but after 5 years of the audio problems, I have lost all confidence that Tesla will ever fix the audio system. Either they have no one on it, or the wrong people, or it is a low, low, low priority.

That’s a great theory but:

- developers are not an infinite free resource. At some point, someone is making a resource decision that prioritizes game development, perhaps because Elon thinks it gets good press.

- years of history on this forum has shown Tesla is just not prioritizing bug fixes, especially quality of life issues like the audio player.

I’ve managed large software teams using agile methods and I would be unemployed if I took Tesla’s slipshod approach.

And for the record, Fallout Shelter may be new to Tesla but it’s an old game which came out five years ago on mobile. Like many others, I have a household full of gamers, gaming PCs, consoles and handheld gaming systems and nobody has ever wanted to spend more than 30 seconds playing games in our Tesla.

I’ve managed large software teams using agile methods and I would be unemployed if I took Tesla’s slipshod approach.

Thank you for sharing that. It's good to know that there is yet another person who manages a large software team amongst the TMC collective. Yes, the Tesla approach is not for everyone (as you've indicated, it's not for you)... clearly it works for Tesla as is evident with the increase in sales of vehicles...

If you have MCU1 and AP2, pretty much nothing :(

That's why they made the optional $2500 Infotainment Upgrade available (VIN dependent of course). It's a lot to shell out, but for those who have the disposal income to do so find it of value. It's not for everyone, but we more features and enhancements coming for MCU2 only, it value proposition grows.

It's still $2500 and that is a lot of money to shell out, but overtime I'm sure we'll see it's value increase.

That's why they made the optional $2500 Infotainment Upgrade available (VIN dependent of course). It's a lot to shell out, but for those who have the disposal income to do so find it of value. It's not for everyone, but we more features and enhancements coming for MCU2 only, it value proposition grows.

It's still $2500 and that is a lot of money to shell out, but overtime I'm sure we'll see it's value increase.

All the horror stories I’ve read from those who had the upgrade done, I’ll hold off for a while

Fallout Shelter is great when you are parked.
Updated Theater Mode is great when you are parked.
Updated Trax is great for when you are parked.

As much as these updates are so great, it's really disheartening to see no fixes for the major USB audio or Spotify music player bugs :( Some of the USB audio player bugs have been around for over 2 years.

The music player is used by so many of us virtually every second we are in our cars and I really wish they'd fix some of the long-standing audio player bugs that really affect so many of us.
Evidently being parked in the main usecase Tesla is focusing on. Maybe their research indicates most of Tesla customers just sit in their Tesla's while parked. Tesla, a great place to hang out on your driveway! ;)