Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the fastest way to start a CCS charge session?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your picture of the charger shows one that is illuminated, if it was only SELF illuminated like the one near me that number could not be read
I know what you mean. I've charged at an EA after they turn the Walmart lights out... It's hard to read anything on the sides of the unit... You're "guessing" which one you're actually connected to.

Reactions: israndy
I have tried to charge via a free CCS charger at a local GM dealer in Florida but it has never worked. I had assumed it was a faulty charger but now discovered it will work if you follow a certain ( somewhat illogical procedure IMO). Previously I plugged in everything and hit start on the CCS charger control panel. It always timed out saying communication error.

What I do now is connect the Tesla CCS adapter to the charger cable, hit start and then after a few seconds plug the CCS adapter into the car. Charger communicates fine, shows the level of charge and starts charging. Not a fast charge, 19 kW , but price is right and I go for a walk, coffee, etc.

No idea why this works but it does.