Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the trick to get tire pressures to appear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past, on my 2019 Model 3, I could swipe right-to-left below the car graphic to get the tire pressure information to appear. A while ago, though (I think when Tesla moved the speedometer and otherwise tweaked the UI), this functionality became unreliable. Nine times out of 10, doing this now just causes the car visualization to zoom out and spin around wildly. Sometimes it works as expected, though. As a workaround, I've been using voice commands -- "display tire pressures" seems to do the trick pretty reliably. I figure there must be some trick to getting the touch gesture method of bringing up this data to work, but I've been unable to figure it out. Any tips on this?

It still works exactly the same way but the region on the screen where you must swipe your finger got smaller. Swipe really close to the bottom bar that has those 3 dots:
1634152633193.png

The dots actually represent the three "tabs" that can show in that area. The left one, shown here, for trip computer. The middle is displaying nothing (just the 3d view), and the right one is tire pressures.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Try putting your finger RIGHT above the 3 dots with the line, then swipe left or right. I have no issues doing it that way. Not right below the car, but right above that line with the 3 dots. Here are a couple of pictures that may help:

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

I tried it, and although I think you're both clearly correct, since I managed to get it to work with >50% accuracy, I also think that Tesla has made the target band for pulling up the tire pressure display WAY too narrow. Even paying careful attention to this detail, when stopped at a stop light, I wasn't able to bring up the display with much better than 50% success. When in motion, a voice command remains the easier (and safer) method to produce this display.

That bottom section was made to dynamically shrink many updates ago. It's easier to manipulate once one of the cards (tire pressure or trip computer) are displayed as the whole card can be touched. In the middle tab however, the active region is indeed a bit small at the bottom. I tried it after writing my answer here and did have a failed attempt. Let's say the user experience isn't optimal.

Reactions: Twiglett
That bottom section was made to dynamically shrink many updates ago. It's easier to manipulate once one of the cards (tire pressure or trip computer) are displayed as the whole card can be touched. In the middle tab however, the active region is indeed a bit small at the bottom. I tried it after writing my answer here and did have a failed attempt. Let's say the user experience isn't optimal.
indeed - its much more difficult to hit just right when driving. But using the tips here have made it more reliable, so that's better at least :)

Reactions: GtiMart
I like to have the distance and energy since last charge displayed most of the time, but the change to the swipe area is very frustrating. So I hit the wiper icon, then swipe left or right when that card comes up. Lots easier than finagling Tesla’s overly-finicky touch targets.