Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's with the trucks? FSD version 2021.36.5.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Canada, so have limited FSD.

I was using Autopilot on a 2 lane road. Several times, while trucks were approaching from the other direction, the car would suddenly slow. Like, really slwo.

One time it did so, quite violently, and disengaged. There was no report in the car of the incident.

This hasn't been the case before. The sad thing was my wife was with me; she hates the idea of FSD and doesn't kike Autopilot; she calls the car 'that thing.' The sudden deceleration and beeping chimes kind of freaked her out

Any thoughts? I have had the car 4 1/2 months, have not had this before.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I'm in Canada, so have limited FSD.

I was using Autopilot on a 2 lane road. Several times, while trucks were approaching from the other direction, the car would suddenly slow. Like, really slwo.

One time it did so, quite violently, and disengaged. There was no report in the car of the incident.

This hasn't been the case before. The sad thing was my wife was with me; she hates the idea of FSD and doesn't kike Autopilot; she calls the car 'that thing.' The sudden deceleration and beeping chimes kind of freaked her out

Any thoughts? I have had the car 4 1/2 months, have not had this before.

I had the same experience earlier this year (March) when my Model 3 was new. I made a post similar to yours (above).

A user pointed me to pages/sections of the manual where it basically says Auto Pilot is intended to be used on highway/freeways where the traffic is all going in the same direction. I no longer use Auto Pilot on 2 lane roads...only use it on highway/freeways.

Here's a link, check out post #3.

Forward collision warning

I had the same experience earlier this year (March) when my Model 3 was new. I made a post similar to yours (above).

A user pointed me to pages/sections of the manual where it basically says Auto Pilot is intended to be used on highway/freeways where the traffic is all going in the same direction. I no longer use Auto Pilot on 2 lane roads...only use it on highway/freeways.

Here's a link, check out post #3.

Forward collision warning

Well, that's good to know!

With all the hype, one would think all this would be in a more advanced state.

I drive on 2-laners and test the AP, and I can't remember when it ever slowed due to an oncoming vehicle. I wonder if there's some kind of misalignment, so that it thinks the oncoming vehicles are too close. What does your screen show, as far as your car placement? Is it centered? Does it show oncoming traffic close to the center line? Does it show oncoming traffic? What version software are you on?

I drive on 2-laners and test the AP, and I can't remember when it ever slowed due to an oncoming vehicle. I wonder if there's some kind of misalignment, so that it thinks the oncoming vehicles are too close. What does your screen show, as far as your car placement? Is it centered? Does it show oncoming traffic close to the center line? Does it show oncoming traffic? What version software are you on?

Thread title says it ...

2021.36.5.5​

Nothing unusual on my setup, screen, etc.

CleanShot 2021-11-15 at 19.42.11@2x.png