Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2/2019 build, pre-Raven, (purchase agreement list "range upgrade"???) and made the purchase within the window a few weeks ago to get the free supercharging promo. Extremely happy with this car.
IMG_1002.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 9.30.21 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
2/2019 build, pre-Raven, (purchase agreement list "range upgrade"???) and made the purchase within the window a few weeks ago to get the free supercharging promo. Extremely happy with this car. View attachment 413095 View attachment 413096

Confused...2% higher than the 100% range of a Raven, at what looks like 90% SoC?

I would be happy too, if I was you.

2/2019 build, pre-Raven, (purchase agreement list "range upgrade"???) and made the purchase within the window a few weeks ago to get the free supercharging promo. Extremely happy with this car. View attachment 413095 View attachment 413096

Do you have the range display set to ideal? Realistically you should be seeing about 300 miles range at 90% at realistic range setting.

The range upgrade line might just be 100 KWH battery. My 90D has that on the list of features too.

Confused...2% higher than the 100% range of a Raven, at what looks like 90% SoC?

I would be happy too, if I was you.

I purchased as a walk-in, chose from only 2 available S at the service center, the other was the demo car. When I got in to drive away, it was charged to 410 miles at 100% battery, I'm still learning about the ins and outs of Teslas, this forum is great for my education, but I saw 410 miles and was shocked.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Do you have the range display set to ideal? Realistically you should be seeing about 300 miles range at 90% at realistic range setting.

The range upgrade line might just be 100 KWH battery. My 90D has that on the list of features too.

I've seen posts about this, I'm still new to Tesla ownership, where would I find this setting so I'm seeing what I guess is expected to be seen with the range reading.

It's OK, I had to look myself. It's under Display, and down near the bottom. Energy Display in Distance or Energy and then either Ideal or Rated.

I switched to Rated and got straightened out... What's interesting is I also looked in my Model 3 and didn't see a switch for Ideal or Rated in the same screen. Why would Tesla not just show the Rated miles in the Model S and confuse people on what they think their realistically not getting?IMG_4891.JPG IMG_1199.JPG

2016 Model S 90 AWD 90% is at 240 and 100% is at 270.

How do you find out what month the car was produced in? I bought mine used a few weeks ago and just know it's a 2016, but don't know which month.
Most cars have the manufacture date on the tire pressure sticker on the frame when you open the driver's door.

If your sticker doesn't contain the manufacture date, another method is to look at the front end and the AP hardware. Non-refreshed front end would've been built January-April. AP1 with refreshed front-end would've been about April-September. AP2 cars were built in October-December.

If your 90% is already down to 240, I would guess you have a car from earlier in 2016.

Most cars have the manufacture date on the tire pressure sticker on the frame when you open the driver's door.

If your sticker doesn't contain the manufacture date, another method is to look at the front end and the AP hardware. Non-refreshed front end would've been built January-April. AP1 with refreshed front-end would've been about April-September. AP2 cars were built in October-December.

If your 90% is already down to 240, I would guess you have a car from earlier in 2016.

Found it, and yep early 2016, April 2016 to be exact.