Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your build date, and what did you get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Mine is 10/21 and it's a Long Range, not a Performance

I got the double pane windows, the new center console, the heated steering wheel, but the old style headlights and the no pax side lumbar. I also got a darker tint on the back side windows (is that normal?)

I *think* I got the bioweapon defense mode, but apart from starting to pull bits off, I'm not sure how to verify that. I do see the biohazard symbol in the a/c screen

Last edited:
If you see the biohazard symbol on the AC screen, then you have the HEPA biohazard filter system. It's installed in all Model Y's since some time in July 2021.
Bummer, I have a June 2021 build. So that seems to be the only thing I'm missing. Did something change with the size of the car? I see from the Tesla site that it shows 76 cu ft of storage on the Y when it used to be 68.

I checked in front of the rear wheel arches and No :(

It does look like that'd be a worthwhile addition though as it's already catching dirt, so will probably catch stones

So is tint on the rear side glass standard?
thanks for the reply. I am picking up MY7LR tomorrow and the support guy said all model Ys now come with PPF for front bumper and door bottom, but that maybe regional. I am in ATL, so I expect my experience to be similar to TX.

Regarding rear window tint, I believe its not really a tint, but colored glass. At least I read that rear windows dont have the same heat rejection as high end tinted films do.

thanks for the reply. I am picking up MY7LR tomorrow and the support guy said all model Ys now come with PPF for front bumper and door bottom, but that maybe regional. I am in ATL, so I expect my experience to be similar to TX.

Regarding rear window tint, I believe its not really a tint, but colored glass. At least I read that rear windows dont have the same heat rejection as high end tinted films do.
Have not seen any MY delivered with PPF in Atlanta so very likely regional.

Can confirm the only tinted glass is the roof. All other glass is smoked for color and has zero IR and heat rejection.

I figured this thread would get more replies than this, people showing off what they got and moaning about what they didn't get. Also a way of keeping up with what to expect going forward

I noticed I have the amber turn signals too. Good, because red ones are just dumb! They make no sense

just wanted to share the update. I picked mine up this afternoon and sadly (as expected) there was no PPF or mud flaps. Glad I got the mud flaps from tesla already, and I drove it straight to PPF guys to get the front bumper, sides and rear luggage area protected along with tint on front windows.
Wanted stealth wrap but can't justify the cost.. at least for now.

Issues wise, there was one blemish in paint on front passenger door, which they setup a service appointment for, but I am not very sure if I should get them to mess it as its barely noticeable now. outside of some plastic trim gaps which seem to be present in more than 4/5 MYs I saw today, there wasn't any major issues. I should stop reading the forums to stop spotting more issues. I like it as it is :D

Reactions: EVer Hopeful