Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some requests:
  • Added controls for the scroll wheels, give drivers access to other controls without using the touch screen.
  • Integration to Powerwall (all cars): Allow user to limit or restrict charging of car when there is a grid failure. This would be linked to the state of Powerwall battery charge and the set reserve. Two key benefits: 1) The car will not drain the Powerwall and no power for the home in an outage. 2) No curtailment of solar panel production when the Powerwall is full (excess energy goes to to the car battery) .

-XM Satellite radio
-Blind spot warning when changing lanes
-XM Satellite radio
-GPS navigation ability to set custom "favorite locations"
-XM Satellite radio
-battery gauge measurement in kWh in addition to percentage and estimated mileage
-XM Satellite radio
-Climate timer settings on phone app.....eg. turn on AC in 10 minutes or at 4PM
-XM Satellite radio
-phone app diagnostic reports....ability to remotely see issues, errors, activity and run reports
-XM Satellite radio
-XM Satellite radio....

My feature was serious. Forgive me for not saying "once SAS is released", thought that was obvious.
I get that, but you're assuming things about the future SAS that you can't possibly know right now. We have no idea how close to the S/X SAS this one will be. So unless you have information as to exactly what features will/won't be available on the future SAS for the Model 3, to me, the suggestion is meaningless.

But I would at least like for my Model 3 to have a bartending guide built in, so it can tell me how to make the cocktail of my choice.

-XM Satellite radio
-XM Satellite radio
-XM Satellite radio
-battery gauge measurement in kWh in addition to percentage and estimated mileage
-XM Satellite radio
-XM Satellite radio
-phone app diagnostic reports....ability to remotely see issues, errors, activity and run reports
-XM Satellite radio
-XM Satellite radio....
So reading in between the lines, I think you want:

Did I miss anything?

I get that, but you're assuming things about the future SAS that you can't possibly know right now. We have no idea how close to the S/X SAS this one will be. So unless you have information as to exactly what features will/won't be available on the future SAS for the Model 3, to me, the suggestion is meaningless.

But I would at least like for my Model 3 to have a bartending guide built in, so it can tell me how to make the cocktail of my choice.
Based on the fact that the model 3 manual says (said?) tow package not available yet (I forgot exact wording). And the fact that leveling in the s/x is needed for the headlights among other things when pulling a load. Even though no one knows for sure, I think it's fair to assume it will have leveling, But clearly no one knows yet. But one can infer from the info given thus far. Fair enough?

Based on the fact that the model 3 manual says (said?) tow package not available yet (I forgot exact wording). And the fact that leveling in the s/x is needed for the headlights among other things when pulling a load. Even though no one knows for sure, I think it's fair to assume it will have leveling, But clearly no one knows yet. But one can infer from the info given thus far. Fair enough?
Sure.