Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

GretaRocks

Nov 20, 2019
Dayton Ohio
Been driving the model 3 for a few weeks and overall loving it so far. What are your top feature requests that you would like to see in your model 3 that could be accomplished via software update?

Here are my ideas that I would love to see in order of preference:
- Automatic audio volume adjustment based on vehicle speed
- Easier access to changing audio source (even with the update, have to reach all the way to the right of the screen)
- Blindspot detection & alerts similar to other cars
- Be able to lock the car door when I'm inside it (I grew up in a city and a time where car jacking was a thing).
- Be able to use onboard cameras as a dashcam through the mobile app or vehicle app
- Be able to turn off annoying backseat seat belt warnings (I have kids and sometimes they use the middle seat buckle when sitting on the right side).

Curious to hear what others would like.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Battery warming without having to have the car in drive or headed to a supercharger. There are times I may be parked out of town somewhat near a supercharger that I don't want to charge on the way in. However, if I let the battery cold soak overnight the car can't get the battery warm enough fast enough (especially the RWD) to get fast charge speeds. If i could start warming the battery about 15 or 20 minutes before I'm ready to leave, via the app, this would be much better.

Nov 4, 2018
Front Range, CO
Battery warming without having to have the car in drive or headed to a supercharger. There are times I may be parked out of town somewhat near a supercharger that I don't want to charge on the way in. However, if I let the battery cold soak overnight the car can't get the battery warm enough fast enough (especially the RWD) to get fast charge speeds. If i could start warming the battery about 15 or 20 minutes before I'm ready to leave, via the app, this would be much better.

As well as to just have full regen right away on driving.

Shiraz8484

Sep 8, 2019
Toronto
1live cam view on app
2 more quick controls on main screen
3 smaller windows for apps like Energy so maps are still visible while using them
4 Siri controls in Tesla app

Ultron

Jul 5, 2019
Hattiesburg MS
please fix the voice activation of song requests. When I request a song to be played I want it to just play. I don't want to see a keyboard pop up on my screen. How dumb that is!

Reactions: GOOCHY

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
please fix the voice activation of song requests. When I request a song to be played I want it to just play. I don't want to see a keyboard pop up on my screen. How dumb that is!

not ideal but I'll take it since it came with spotify integration. :)

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
Full 'sticky' and profile saving control of default light settings.

Vide - ability to set and have Lights remain OFF until toggled to ON or AUTO etc. Ability to disable, enable follow-me-home and on-approach DRLs etc. Independent fogs etc

Oct 28, 2019
Texas
1) sentry cam player on screen which highlights on the segments with movement
2) ability to have a "stealth" sentry mode which doesn't flash the headlights and annoys just normal folks walking by

Coloumb

Nov 21, 2019
USA
Been driving the model 3 for a few weeks and overall loving it so far. What are your top feature requests that you would like to see in your model 3 that could be accomplished via software update?

Here are my ideas that I would love to see in order of preference:
- Automatic audio volume adjustment based on vehicle speed
- Easier access to changing audio source (even with the update, have to reach all the way to the right of the screen)
- Blindspot detection & alerts similar to other cars
- Be able to lock the car door when I'm inside it (I grew up in a city and a time where car jacking was a thing).
- Be able to use onboard cameras as a dashcam through the mobile app or vehicle app
- Be able to turn off annoying backseat seat belt warnings (I have kids and sometimes they use the middle seat buckle when sitting on the right side).

Curious to hear what others would like.

Coloumb

Nov 21, 2019
USA
Attention Tesla Public Relations!

Additional car ordering options:
1. LTE monthly service option for updates
2. Ability to pre order Homelink module to be installed during assembly, not post delivery
3. Please, please bring back LR/RWD ordering option!
4. Option to order adaptor plugs to be included with the car at delivery
5. Sirius/XM option
6. Ability to use passenger slide cameras to assist with parallel parking and avoid curb rash!
7. Program option for single setting (Maximal Range Extension) - to maximize remaining battery charge - to be used when needed for additional mileage
8. Active noise cancellation option
9. Improved saving/recording options for Sentry Mode - specifically USB related problems

BrianG1970

Aug 21, 2019
Maumee OH
Probably already said, i am way to busy to read through all these posts, you know laying one the couch watching football.

1 Live view sentry mode
2. Post purchase of vehicle the ability to pay and get performance upgrade
3 Flying car, i mean if we’re asking.

Reactions: NeverFollow

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC