Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel alignment (Tesla or tyre shop?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I lent my car to my dad while i was overseas, and now the car pulls to the right, do I need to get Tesla service to do the alignment, or can I go to the local tyre shop? I know there's a software alignment in the service menu, and I'm wondering if tyre places tent to have the lifting pucks?

Hey guys, I lent my car to my dad while i was overseas, and now the car pulls to the right, do I need to get Tesla service to do the alignment, or can I go to the local tyre shop? I know there's a software alignment in the service menu, and I'm wondering if tyre places tent to have the lifting pucks?
No tire needs to be lifted off the ground for the alignment so there's no need for the pucks.

A generic mechanic can do tire service, including wheel alignment, and you don't have to go to Tesla.

However, they might depend on the software from their alignment machine. If they didn't pay for the software, they may not want to manually do it even when you give them the specs from the owner's manual.