Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel and tire warranty purchased on Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took a 7 year wheel and tire warranty for the Y.

Since everyone is so nervous about the wheels and tires on the 21 inch getting destroyed i searched and found a warranty...

Over 7 years it allows for up to 12 cosmetic repairs on the wheels along with replacement of wheels if bent/damaged and same for tires as long as they have over a minimum tread life left

I have had similar on an Audi A7 that had low profile and had 3 wheels/tires replaced under that warranty in only 3 years...

Figure its a safe investment as we need to keep the Y for at least 6 years to justify the purchase price and not doing the normal lease that we do on other cars...

So now we have PPF on front , ceramic on entire car and wheel and tire coverage... should hopefully be low maintenance/costs over the coming years...

I just took a 7 year wheel and tire warranty for the Y.

Since everyone is so nervous about the wheels and tires on the 21 inch getting destroyed i searched and found a warranty...

Over 7 years it allows for up to 12 cosmetic repairs on the wheels along with replacement of wheels if bent/damaged and same for tires as long as they have over a minimum tread life left

I have had similar on an Audi A7 that had low profile and had 3 wheels/tires replaced under that warranty in only 3 years...

Figure its a safe investment as we need to keep the Y for at least 6 years to justify the purchase price and not doing the normal lease that we do on other cars...

So now we have PPF on front , ceramic on entire car and wheel and tire coverage... should hopefully be low maintenance/costs over the coming years...
how much is the warranty? where did you get it from?

Xcelerate

They have variable pricing based on term from 1 to 7 years.

7 years was around 1400$
I see. that's a lot of money! Not knowing if i will keep the car for 7 years. i guess i will take my chances then. Maybe i will look into shorter terms. I have the 20in wheels with all season tires, so I don't think think it will be bend. more worry about curb rash. I guess that also depends on where someone lives. My area roads are usually keep in pretty good shape, not a lot of bad potholes.

I was figuring on say 2 tire replacement and maybe 1 wheel is break even... over 7 years i think i would exceed that...i think

Worst case i would say it may not save but just translate to purchasing it up front and breaking even... add in a few cosmetic repairs at say 150-200 each they add up quickly

I do have the 21’s which will be more likely to get damaged

I was figuring on say 2 tire replacement and maybe 1 wheel is break even... over 7 years i think i would exceed that...i think

Worst case i would say it may not save but just translate to purchasing it up front and breaking even... add in a few cosmetic repairs at say 150-200 each they add up quickly

I do have the 21’s which will be more likely to get damaged
You can only get a tire replacement with these policies if the damage not pluggable/patchable AND the tread is nowhere close to being ready for replacement. Make sure you keep records of every alignment, balancing and rotation, because they will also deny claims if you can't provide proof that you've followed all of the manufacturer suggested maintenance work.

They also likely have a very high threshold of damage before they will replace, rather than repair, the wheel.

Just go into it with eyes wide open -- they will try to screw you any way they can, so make sure you read the policy very carefully and don't let them do it!