Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel change question (noob):

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some aftermarket wheels (TSportline 20") that I plan to swap out my stock 20" X wheels for. I will be keeping the factory tires. As these are aftermarket wheels, I won't be able to have the SC do this when I pick up my 75X next month. My question is whether I need to know anything before asking a random tire shop like a Mavis (in NY area) or Firestone to lift the car and swap the wheels? I am just wary that they won't ever have had a Tesla X up on a lift before and want to make sure nothing gets messed up.
Thanks

Also make sure they put the right tires on the right rims. 265 goes on the 9 inch wide rim on the front. 275 goes on the 9.5 inch wide or 10 inch Tsportline rims and those go on the back.
Putting the rear rim on the front will cause metal to rub. Tire place did that on my X last year. Put a 265 tire on the rear rim and put it on front. Make sure they know it's staggered setup, not only the rims but also the tire. Double check when you get your car also. Measuring tape helps. Measure inside of rim, you will see the half inch difference