Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel choices now I am changing cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We currently have a white LR AWD 2021 model 3 with 18“ aero wheels. Absolutely love the car. So much So that we have ordered two new teslas to replace our family cars and the LR AWD may go. We have ordered a model 3 performance in blue with white interior and a model y blue with white interior performance again. Am I crazy ordering two such similar cars? Maybe

But the question I have alongside whether I am nuts or not is. We have winter wheels 18” Aeros for our current model 3 LR AWD. Would these fit either of the model 3P or MYP? Or do I need to budget for a new set? If I do budget for a new set, could I order one set which we share on either the model 3 or model y? Obviously we don’t drive both in the snow at the same time and so only need one set, but it would be great to share one set and decide which car to use at that time.

Thanks in advance

The 18" aeros will fit both the M3P and MYP. Your issue is going to be the tire size (MYP uses a larger diameter tire: 26.5" vs 28"/28.5").

The setup would work on the MYP but it would a bit odd and the speedometer will off (less ~3.5mph @ 65).

We have winter wheels 18” Aeros for our current model 3 LR AWD. Would these fit either of the model 3P or MYP? Or do I need to budget for a new set? If I do budget for a new set, could I order one set which we share on either the model 3 or model y? Obviously we don’t drive both in the snow at the same time and so only need one set, but it would be great to share one set and decide which car to use at that time.

Thanks in advance

You'll have a MY LR, MYP, and a M3P. First that's a grip of Teslas, I'm jelly. That said, you have one set of 18" winters. The problem with the Performance models are that they generally come with Max Perf Summer tires, which are dangerous in winters. Thus at some level you'll need two more winter sets and that is going to become a pain in the ass to store and manage. I'd swap the LR tires to all seasons, hopefully your winters will be manageable on all seasons. Then that leaves just one new set of 18" or x size winter sets to get, for either M3P or MYP.

Get one of them in red and have a sick photoshoot like this.

Attachments

• 0x0-Family_03.jpg
    0x0-Family_03.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 81