Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Manufacturer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all you wheel/rims experts out there...has anybody heard who manufactures the 19" sport wheels for the Model 3?? We've seen a couple of different names on the tires, but what about the rims?? Does anybody know of any matches to them?

Most likely Tesla works with a supplier to cast them to their specifications. Don't believe it is any specific name-brand wheel company.

Tesla wheels are specific to them and are not something off-the-shelf. The lug pattern is compatible with BMW (at least for the S and X and assumed 3).

Well, it's probably a name brand wheel company. But it's custom to Tesla and you aren't going to find the same look (or even similar) on the open market.

BBS seems to be the only one who's managed to take their general mass market designs and sell them straight and nearly unchanged to the OEMs (like BMW and Porsche).

To all you wheel/rims experts out there...has anybody heard who manufactures the 19" sport wheels for the Model 3?? We've seen a couple of different names on the tires, but what about the rims?? Does anybody know of any matches to them?

Check out TSportline.com for the latest on 19" TST Wheel options for Model 3 or Call Jerel at (310) 854-5454. If you would like to stop by in person and check out our wheel selection for Tesla, we have a display located at Al & Ed's Autosound located at 8500 Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069

Attachments

• Tesla-Model-3-side-profile-carbon-fiber-sport-kit-wm-2_22ebdc9b-9f6f-4e09-b635-cd571f5b22fc_600x.jpg
    Tesla-Model-3-side-profile-carbon-fiber-sport-kit-wm-2_22ebdc9b-9f6f-4e09-b635-cd571f5b22fc_600x.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 156
I recall reading that Tesla wheels were manufactured by Prime wheels. I just googled it and found this reddit thread.. but I thought I read it here on TMC before also.

Who Manufactures today Tesla Rims? • r/teslamotors

Prime Wheel

Hope the quality is good cuz I'm not a fan of the styling.

And is that thread right about Tesla using Hankook tires? Are they any good? Based on the companies I know that carry them, it doesn't engender a lot of confidence. That said, I went on their website and it says they're the official supplier to the DTM so that's a good sign.

Yeah, in that thread they were talking about Hankook being the "official supplier". But from what we've seen, it looks like Michelin for the 18s and Continental for the 19s, unless they change that for "customer Production cars".

But for the record, Hankook tires are OK. They have a range of tires, like any manufacturer. But they've demonstrated that they at least have the capability to make a good tire (a few years ago, the "Ventus V12" did really well on a Car&Driver tire test). I havent seen a decent low-rolling resistance (LRR) tire from Hankook though. Maybe that's why Tesla decided to go with Michelin and Continental?

• Informative
Reactions: gambit48
Check out TSportline.com for the latest on 19" TST Wheel options for Model 3 or Call Jerel at (310) 854-5454. If you would like to stop by in person and check out our wheel selection for Tesla, we have a display located at Al & Ed's Autosound located at 8500 Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069
I want 18" wheels on my M3. Would love the 19" sport wheels in an 18" version. TSportline is only offering 19" wheels.

Reactions: hckyplyr
Reactions: PRSIST
TSportline doesn't appear to answer the phone, nor calls their customers back. I've left multiple messages to call me back.....with no response.

Too bad, because I love some of their products.

TSportline doesn't appear to answer the phone, nor calls their customers back. I've left multiple messages to call me back.....with no response.

Too bad, because I love some of their products.

The phone number provided in the post above is the best number to reach us in regards to Tsportline (310) 854-5454. My name is Jerel and I would be happy to help you in customizing your Tesla. Our hours are 9-6 Monday - Saturday Pacific time.

Thanks again ! :)

Cam anyone confirm whether the OEM wheels are 5x120 or 5x114.3 as stated here - The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide

When I spoke to the VP of Engineering at the Seaside Tesla Service Center (totally by pure luck) while he was recharging his Model 3, I mentioned that I purchased some Model S rims which I am planning on using with the Model 3. I said "I hope the PCD is the same as the S". He smiled, but made no comment. I didn't want to push the subject since he was being so nice to let me photograph and sit in his car. I am still hoping it is the same.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde