Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is everyone getting their wheel touch up paint. I know Im not the only husband who has a wife who can’t drive through parking lots without kissing curbs. It’s a 2023 with stock 18 inch wheels.

I would be just as annoyed at myself if I did it. Im sure it wont be the last curb fight. I wash my cars almost every week, I wont be able to look at this for long.

IMG_3865.jpeg

In 56 years of driving I have only had one case of curb rash. Until I got this Tesla. It seems to be curb magnet. Three times now.

The first two were to the RR wheel. Cut a right hand turn too close and kissed the curb. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. That M3 has a longer wheelbase relative to the overall length of the car and I was misjudging the position of the RR. I've adjust the arc when I make RH turns now. This third one I'm too embarrassed to recount. Let's just say that if you are old like me and only got 90 minutes of sleep the night before, let the wife drive.

I have an appointment Friday to get it repaired. $150 every time. I'm on a first name basis now. The guy does outstanding work though. He is Tesla certified and does a lot of work on them. A few scrapes but mostly color changes.

Before and after photos of my previous one.

IMG_0233.jpeg
IMG_0236.jpeg

Reactions: father_of_6
Where is everyone getting their wheel touch up paint. I know Im not the only husband who has a wife who can’t drive through parking lots without kissing curbs. It’s a 2023 with stock 18 inch wheels.
If its curb rash that you are aiming to fix, it will take more than just paint!

You will need to sand off the damage area, fill the gashes with epoxy putty, then paint.
Something like this:

HTH,
a

P.S.: Alternatively, most local wheel repair shops will usually fix curb damage for under $100. Like this one: Wheel repair, refurbishment and remanufacture by Wheels America