TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wheel well paint damage after SC service

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by wolfpants, Jul 15, 2017.

1. wolfpants

wolfpants New Member

I recently took my Model S to the local Service Center for its 25,000 mile maintenance, as well as for a couple issues (suspension creaking, which they fixed by replacing the sway bar).

After my car came back, I noticed that there were a couple spots of paint damage above both the left and right wheel wells. It's between the panels so it looks unlikely to have been a scrape (plus it's on both sides), and I'm thinking it could either have been from them washing the car or maybe from lifting up the car.

Has anyone seen anything like this, and anyone have any idea what could have caused this?

Attached Files:

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Soooo, are you recruiting for a crew to go back to tie them all up with a fire chain and beat them or something?
    Why not ask them if it was caused there. They would be honest with you, if its significant enough to drive back there.

• Like x 1
  3. wolfpants

wolfpants New Member

Yeah, I am going to talk to them, but I was mostly just curious how something like this could have happened :)

4. Nosken

Nosken Member

Like I do with rental cars, for service, I always get a photo or video of my car when I drop it off. In the Rental car, I always do the same on return.