Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do I get my supercharger Referral Code miles allocated? and how can I tell if I've got them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 on 1st May. However there were issues with the UK referral order page on the day, so I was unable to use a referral at the time of order.
I later emailed the UK Sales address and they acknowledged the issue and said my referral code had been recorded on their system.

My question is, when are these miles allocated to me?
Can I tell if they are allocated now?
Nothing is showing on my Tesla App or account page.

I would rather sort this out prior to delivery than after delivery.
Has anyone on the forum (preferably after taking delivery) got any knowledge about this.
Did anyone else have similar issues registering referral code.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I ordered my M3 on 1st May. However there were issues with the UK referral order page on the day, so I was unable to use a referral at the time of order.
I later emailed the UK Sales address and they acknowledged the issue and said my referral code had been recorded on their system.

My question is, when are these miles allocated to me?
Can I tell if they are allocated now?
Nothing is showing on my Tesla App or account page.

I would rather sort this out prior to delivery than after delivery.
Has anyone on the forum (preferably after taking delivery) got any knowledge about this.
Did anyone else have similar issues registering referral code.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Not sure how you can check yourself, however, the person that referred you should see it on their account. I know this as my friend sent me a screenshot of my name under their 'My referrals' section on the account.

Interesting. Another Tesla discrepancy. Tried a couple of places (cant remember if UK sales was one of them) and said that I could not add referral at time of order and was basically told tough, they could not retrospectively add a referral. I gave up in the end, especially as one of the locations took best part of a month to reply, but unfortunately for me, these episodes do not bode well for customer experience. The other major one was losing FSD discount when adding tow - again, some got to keep it (until repricing) whilst some lost it. I was in VW today after having an online problem pre-ordering an Id.3 - same chap as who helped with queries me a couple of times before. He couldn't have been more helpful and not ashamed to say he didn't know instead of making up an answer. I don't like car dealerships any more than many others, but I don't think Tesla's way is any improvement, if anything, a step backward for an old fart like me.,

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Once you get the car it should show up on your account page (on the webpage, not on app or car console). However mine doesn't (it says I have to pay to use). I am awaiting a response from Tesla, may try calling later, particularly as I should get 5000 miles...

Interesting. Another Tesla discrepancy. Tried a couple of places (cant remember if UK sales was one of them) and said that I could not add referral at time of order and was basically told tough, they could not retrospectively add a referral. I gave up in the end, especially as one of the locations took best part of a month to reply, but unfortunately for me, these episodes do not bode well for customer experience. The other major one was losing FSD discount when adding tow - again, some got to keep it (until repricing) whilst some lost it. I was in VW today after having an online problem pre-ordering an Id.3 - same chap as who helped with queries me a couple of times before. He couldn't have been more helpful and not ashamed to say he didn't know instead of making up an answer. I don't like car dealerships any more than many others, but I don't think Tesla's way is any improvement, if anything, a step backward for an old fart like me.,

I had the same issue, ordered before the 5000 miles offer finished, but couldn’t find a way to use the referral, but when I emailed an address I found here (or maybe on Twitter), they also told me tough.. in fact they said “it was against the spirit of the referral program”, which I thought was especially cheeky...

No idea if I will get the free charging now..

I emailed [email protected] initially, but got no response, so emailed another sales address (about the price change) and they were the ones who told me it wasn’t possible

Thanks for the responses.

Seems like I can expect another dose of the "Tesla customer experience", when I try to sort this out. :(
I was hoping that I could resolve it before delivery.
Seems like I will have to wait and see what happens after delivery.
On the plus side, I do have an email response from 7th May confirming that my "supercharger details are noted on our internal system"

Interesting. Another Tesla discrepancy. Tried a couple of places (cant remember if UK sales was one of them) and said that I could not add referral at time of order and was basically told tough

Early on 1st May there was an issue with the site and you couldn't use a referral. i emailed them later that day stating this and included my referral code and they confirmed this and that the miles would be added. Think they only did this for orders where the referral wasn't available but don't quote me on that as it was a while ago now!

I am also in this boat. I signed up didn't realise I was supposed to use a link. I thought it would be like a discount/promo code you enter as you order the car. Before I knew it all was done and ordered.

I as people above did email [email protected] but have to date had no response. However after emailing the delivery team email I did get a response which effectively told me to jog on! Oh or cancel my order and redo it...how about no!

Hoping there is precisely from others on here so if my free miles don't get added I can go back and argue the inconsistency. We shall wait and see

I ordered 1 May and, as others have found, could not apply a Referral Code. I telephoned Tesla and they took my Referral Code details and emailed me on 15 May to acknowledge receipt of my Referral Code and to say that they would add it to their systems, but that this would take time.
Two months later I called in to Tesla Heathrow to see if I could look at a car similar to what I had ordered and mentioned my Referral Code story to a guy there. He checked, and said that my Referral Code was not on their system! However, he took a photocopy of the email that Tesla had sent me in May, and said he would look into the matter.
I'll be interested to see what happens when I take delivery mid-September (if all goes well, course!).