Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current owner as well and also reserved online a few hours after the reveal event.

mjGne9B.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Interesting data point. My non-owner son's reservation, same address, is this:

upload_2017-7-30_21-24-29.png

Just one month behind first production; 2 months behind standard battery; and now 3 months for dual motor all-wheel drive. I guess they expect another ramp for those, or many priority holders are going with dual motor AWD?

upload_2017-7-30_21-45-6.png

AWD is Jul - Sep 2018 for me, which makes sense as I live about 10 minutes away from the factory in case it needs service. :cool:

upload_2017-7-29_12-32-3-png.238546

Note they are still trying to avoid the Osbourne effect with that Model S button!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GasKilla
Any Canadians out there tried temporarily changing their address to a US one just to see how much of a difference it makes for delivery estimate? I'm an April 2nd reservation holder, and a friend of mine reserved months later, and we both have "late 2018" estimates regardless of what option is chosen. Not sure how quickly the estimate website adjusts when you change your address...

Any Canadians out there tried temporarily changing their address to a US one just to see how much of a difference it makes for delivery estimate? I'm an April 2nd reservation holder, and a friend of mine reserved months later, and we both have "late 2018" estimates regardless of what option is chosen. Not sure how quickly the estimate website adjusts when you change your address...

I'm a current owner who reserved the first day, on the west coast (Vancouver) and my Tesla page still only says this:

Next steps

Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ.

I'm a current owner who reserved the first day, on the west coast (Vancouver) and my Tesla page still only says this:
Yeah, that's what mine says also, but if you follow this link: Tesla SSO - Login (I found in someone else's post), it will give you an estimate. May well just be a placeholder until Canadian dates actually are figured out... but give it a try, I'm wondering what yours says.

Yeah, that's what mine says also, but if you follow this link: Tesla SSO - Login (I found in someone else's post), it will give you an estimate. May well just be a placeholder until Canadian dates actually are figured out... but give it a try, I'm wondering what yours says.

I tried it and selected the dual motor version, and it said it saved my preference but it didn't change what I posted above about having no delivery date on my Model 3 page. It's the same as I posted above.

But thanks for that anyway. I think it did register my preference, and it was worth a try. Maybe it takes a bit of time to update now that it knows my preference.

EDIT: In going back and looking at the link it has my reservation number followed by "made on March 31, 2016" and "late 2018" for all three versions. So that must be the date for vehicles coming to western Canada unless someone has an earlier date.

Last edited:
I tried it and selected the dual motor version, and it said it saved my preference but it didn't change what I posted above about having no delivery date on my Model 3 page. It's the same as I posted above.

But thanks for that anyway. I think it did register my preference, and it was worth a try. Maybe it takes a bit of time to update now that it knows my preference.

EDIT: In going back and looking at the link it has my reservation number followed by "made on March 31, 2016" and "late 2018" for all three versions. So that must be the date for vehicles coming to western Canada unless someone has an earlier date.
All of Canada is "late 2018" or later it sounds like. I'm a March 31 in store reservation as well but in Toronto, and non owner and i also got "late 2018" for all 3 models.

Some people said they got a Oct-Dec 2018 what's the difference between late 2018? Or does that just really mean early 2019?

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck