Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to order for 2020 number plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

mom looking to buy a model 3, but given the time of year I do want a 2020 number plate.

Given they are released in April, does anyone know that if I ordered a car in January and it took 3 months to be made / delivered, would it be a 69 plate or a 2020 one? (I.e what’s the earliest I can order)

After ordering, is it also possible to reject any assigned car if it’s delivery gets scheduled for before April?

thanks

Well it depends on the delivery schedule and the model you are ordering for example SR is now February so if you wanted a SR+ it maybe a different delivery time to a LR/P. I suspect ordering in Feb/Mar would be best and delay if needed.

hi

mom looking to buy a model 3, but given the time of year I do want a 2020 number plate.

Given they are released in April, does anyone know that if I ordered a car in January and it took 3 months to be made / delivered, would it be a 69 plate or a 2020 one? (I.e what’s the earliest I can order)

After ordering, is it also possible to reject any assigned car if it’s delivery gets scheduled for before April?

thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The new registrations in the UK are released 1st March and 1st September, so I assume you’re actually looking for delivery after 1st March to get a “20” registration.

Do you know what model mom’s planning to order?

Personally I wouldn’t order until, say, the end of January. Even then there’s a chance that your car could be matched to an inventory build before 1st March. You can reject your delivery date, but it may delay you by a little while. Unfortunately Tesla don’t work like a normal car dealer!

Don’t forget to use a Tesla referral code when you order your car - that way both you and the referrer get 1000 free supercharger miles.