Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 11.4.7 (2023.7.30) gain the features in the 2023.26.xx branch? It’s been a long time without the additions of numerous features.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rbcopod

‘22 MYLR MSM FSD
Oct 28, 2021
South Florida
Hello all. Although I can understand that those of us with FSD beta either purchased or subscribed realize that other features may lag behind, it’s getting to be quite some time since we have gained the new features that accompany the non FSD beta branch of software. Those of us with 11.4.7 (perhaps 25% per TeslaFi) would like to catch up with the 2023.26 by branch.

Any idea what the timeframe would be?

Thanks to any and all that respond.

Hello all. Although I can understand that those of us with FSD beta either purchased or subscribed realize that other features may lag behind, it’s getting to be quite some time since we have gained the new features that accompany the non FSD beta branch of software. Those of us with 11.4.7 (perhaps 25% per TeslaFi) would like to catch up with the 2023.26 by branch.

Any idea what the timeframe would be?

Thanks to any and all that respond.
I’m trying to understand what’s the difference between these branches? I have a 2018 Model 3 that’s on 2023.7.30 and a 2023 Model Y I just took delivery of last week that just got updated from factory firmware 2023.20.200 to 2023.26.9 last night. What’s the differences between 2023.7.30 and 2023.26.9. It looks like most people are one of these 2 versions as of now or in the process of being upgraded to one of these. 2023.26.11 seems like it’s rolling out very slowly right now.

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg

Upvote 0
Mainly LOTS of added features over the last nearly 6 months.
Interesting that as someone who drives 2 different Teslas, one on each version, there’s nothing specific I can think of that one does and the other doesn’t. Granted, I've only had the model y for a couple of weeks, and driving it for a week or so (first week in tint/ceramic/ppf shop). Any idea which things are the most significant? I consider myself pretty informed and up to date on Tesla and the cars. I listen to ride the Lightning podcast, watch YouTube videos etc.

Upvote 0
I’m trying to understand what’s the difference between these branches? I have a 2018 Model 3 that’s on 2023.7.30 and a 2023 Model Y I just took delivery of last week that just got updated from factory firmware 2023.20.200 to 2023.26.9 last night. What’s the differences between 2023.7.30 and 2023.26.9. It looks like most people are one of these 2 versions as of now or in the process of being upgraded to one of these. 2023.26.11 seems like it’s rolling out very slowly right now.

View attachment 970416

View attachment 970417
It’s an FSD beta thing.

Upvote 0
What’s the differences between 2023.7.30 and 2023.26.9.
There have been two lines of development at Tesla, one which emphasizes the car's infotainment features and one which emphasizes the autonomy software. Each one regularly adds features to their area of functionality and then occasionally takes a snapshot of what the other is doing. So the infotainment line has all the latest features that are accessed from the screen but lags in autonomy features while the autonomy line has all the latest autonomy features but lags in infotainment features. The infotainment line is the one that the vast majority of cars receive. The people who own the FSD product are the ones who get the autonomy software.

It used to be that the infotainment line didn't have any of the autonomy stuff that was being developed. But the autonomy stuff was getting pretty stable, so Tesla started this snapshotting process to get some of the latest autonomy software into all cars. That made it possible for people who wanted to subscribe to the FSD product to get access to the experimental autonomy features.

Now Tesla is completely revamping the autonomy software, and I expect a period of time where it is going to be considered highly experimental again. To me, that means that the two lines of software will be kept away from each other for a while. The people who own FSD will eventually get to try out the revamped autonomy software, and they'll go back to being guinea pigs.

Tesla is remarkably nimble when it comes to changing plans, but it can be a challenge as a customer to keep up with it all.

Upvote 0
There have been two lines of development at Tesla, one which emphasizes the car's infotainment features and one which emphasizes the autonomy software. Each one regularly adds features to their area of functionality and then occasionally takes a snapshot of what the other is doing. So the infotainment line has all the latest features that are accessed from the screen but lags in autonomy features while the autonomy line has all the latest autonomy features but lags in infotainment features. The infotainment line is the one that the vast majority of cars receive. The people who own the FSD product are the ones who get the autonomy software.

It used to be that the infotainment line didn't have any of the autonomy stuff that was being developed. But the autonomy stuff was getting pretty stable, so Tesla started this snapshotting process to get some of the latest autonomy software into all cars. That made it possible for people who wanted to subscribe to the FSD product to get access to the experimental autonomy features.

Now Tesla is completely revamping the autonomy software, and I expect a period of time where it is going to be considered highly experimental again. To me, that means that the two lines of software will be kept away from each other for a while. The people who own FSD will eventually get to try out the revamped autonomy software, and they'll go back to being guinea pigs.

Tesla is remarkably nimble when it comes to changing plans, but it can be a challenge as a customer to keep up with it all.
Got it. Thanks. But now with 2023.26.11 having FSD Beta and being in the infotainment line, it seems like there’s a combining of autonomy and infotainment lines. Understanding 2023.26.11 still doesn’t have autopark or summon, though.

Upvote 0
But now with 2023.26.11 having FSD Beta and being in the infotainment line, it seems like there’s a combining of autonomy and infotainment lines.
Yes, they've been moving in that direction for a while now. The latest infotainment software includes a very recent autonomy build, but now Tesla is making a lot of big changes to the autonomy software. That's version 12. As a rewrite, it'll probably be pretty unstable for a while, suggesting that it won't be made available to the general public for some time.

The timing of all this is a complete unknown. If I was to pluck some numbers from thin air, I'd say 6-12 months before the FSD owners see anything, and then another 12 months or so before the general population sees anything. In the meantime, Tesla may well do a bit of develoment work on version 11 so that they can tempt the general population into subscribing to it, providing some additional revenue.

Upvote 0
So many missing updates. I don't understand why some cars got the 11.4.4 and we were 'upgraded' to 11.4.7. I have a Model S Refresh and still don't even have a movable blind spot camera. Besides FSD being completely unusable with constant lane changes and everything else, I'm ready to drop out of Beta for now. Does anybody know if I drop out and get on the .26 branch, will I be able to go back into Beta when it catches up?

Upvote 0
I have been on SW 2023.26.10 (FSD 11.4.4) for a while on my refreshed MS. Any idea when we will get FSD 11.4.7 that has been rolled out to other cars and is supposed to be much better. Thanks.
You have to have been in the Early Access since at least early Feb since the software is 23.7.x. You are on 23.26.10 and can NOT go backwards. If 11.4.7 turns out to be more stable they may add it to the current software. However there is not a 10¢ worth of difference in behavior between them.

Reactions: JB47394
Upvote 0
You have to have been in the Early Access since at least early Feb since the software is 23.7.x. You are on 23.26.10 and can NOT go backwards. If 11.4.7 turns out to be more stable they may add it to the current software. However there is not a 10¢ worth of difference in behavior between them.
Thanks. Maybe Tesla will still release their much vaunted AI version (V12) on a 11.x branch for folks like us. It is my understanding that V12 will lose "beta" designation that will require regulatory approvals resulting in 6-12 months of delay, at least.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Maybe Tesla will still release their much vaunted AI version (V12) on a 11.x branch for folks like us. It is my understanding that V12 will lose "beta" designation that will require regulatory approvals resulting in 6-12 months of delay, at least.
11.x branch IS V11. So when V12 is released it will be 12.x. Also V12 losing Beta is a liberal interpretation of an off the cuff comment Elon made that has about as much weight as his Roboatxies coming in 2020 comment.

While V12 looks promising don't expect it anytime super soon. If we get it in 1qt of next year I'll be surprised. A year before V11 was ready Elon was hyping it and made it sound like its release was imminent. Unlike V11, V12 is going to be a fundamental rewrite so it will take some time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While V12 looks promising don't expect it anytime super soon. If we get it in 1qt of next year I'll be surprised. A year before V11 was ready Elon was hyping it and made it sound like its release was imminent. Unlike V11, V12 is going to be a fundamental rewrite so it will take some time.

V11 was a fundamental re-write of V10. If you remember, it was the version that added in the “bird’s eye view” to FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Upvote 0

View attachment 970416

View attachment 970417
We have a 2020 MYLR. I did the most recent software update 2 days ago. Now when I drive in FSD or cruise alone, my wipers come on at level 1 and I don't seem to be able to cancel it, so have to drive without either. I am currently in Kamloops, BC where there is a significant amount of smoke in the air from forest fires. I wonder if that has any effect???

Upvote 0