TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter be available in Tesla shop?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Fremontypython, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Fremontypython

Fremontypython New Member

I recently bought a Model 3 and set up my home charging with a 70 A 14-50 receptacle. But since Tesla recently stopped including 14-50 adapters in the mobile charging kit, I was planning on buying one for $35. However, it's been out of stock since I started looking to buy...anyone knows if Tesla plans to continue selling these adapters? Or not...?

2. pl8dlikafiddle

Doesn’t hurt to check local service centers. I purchased mine from local service center when the adapter was out of stock in Tesla’s online store.

• Like x 1
  3. Petrlol

Petrlol Member

?

• Like x 1
  4. msm859

msm859 Member

?? same question. The 14-50 outlet is ONLY rated for 50 amps.

• Like x 1
  5. P3dStealth

P3dStealth Member

You have to keep checking. I got one when they randomly came in stock one day online. Then they went out of stock again. People buy them and resell on ebay for double. Dont buy the ebay ones.

6. slimpicks

slimpicks Member

EVSEadapters.com has anyone tried these adapters? im also waiting for teslas store to restock them.

7. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Well-Known Member

WTeverlovinF? Do people just close their eyes and reach into a bucket of breakers and use whichever one their hand comes across? That is blatantly against electrical code. 50A breaker max. That is what the second number means in the name of it: 14-50.

As to when it will be back in stock? Any minute now. They go in and out of stock on things often.

• Like x 1
  8. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

Email the Tesla Shop and they can give you an estimate when they expect stock delivery.

9. mike in o.c.

mike in o.c. New Member

They are in stock now. I just bought one.

10. quicksailor

quicksailor New Member

As of February 2, 2020, the NEMA 14-50 adapter has been out of stock for a week. Any idea on when they will be back in stock?
    The local Tesla service center does not have them at all. Thanks.

11. I'm_Jp

I'm_Jp Member

Did you register for an email notification ?

I did, and I got an email notification 4 days later.
    So I logged in, and the web site said they were out of stock.
    So I went back to the email, and clicked the link in the email. It was available from that link.

jp

12. scooter62

scooter62 Member

• Like x 1
  13. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Well-Known Member

Use anything other than a Leviton brand outlet!