Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter be available in Tesla shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a Model 3 and set up my home charging with a 70 A 14-50 receptacle. But since Tesla recently stopped including 14-50 adapters in the mobile charging kit, I was planning on buying one for $35. However, it's been out of stock since I started looking to buy...anyone knows if Tesla plans to continue selling these adapters? Or not...?

a 70 A 14-50 receptacle
WTeverlovinF? Do people just close their eyes and reach into a bucket of breakers and use whichever one their hand comes across? That is blatantly against electrical code. 50A breaker max. That is what the second number means in the name of it: 14-50.

As to when it will be back in stock? Any minute now. They go in and out of stock on things often.

Reactions: eprosenx
I recently bought a Model 3 and set up my home charging with a 70 A 14-50 receptacle. But since Tesla recently stopped including 14-50 adapters in the mobile charging kit, I was planning on buying one for $35. However, it's been out of stock since I started looking to buy...anyone knows if Tesla plans to continue selling these adapters? Or not...?
They are in stock now. I just bought one.

Did you register for an email notification ?

I did, and I got an email notification 4 days later.
So I logged in, and the web site said they were out of stock.
So I went back to the email, and clicked the link in the email. It was available from that link.

jp