TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

When will Model 3 deliveries commence for Australia?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bennny, Sep 10, 2016.

?

1. Mid 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Late 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Early 18

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Mid 18

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Late 18

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  6. Early 19

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Mid 19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Late 19

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Early 20

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Bennny

Bennny Member

2. FirstSea

FirstSea Member

Not sure, but it will greatly depend on how fast they can deliver cars in the US, as the EV credit will begin to end at around early 2018. After that Canadian deliveries will probably be next.

3. Chuq

Chuq Member

I voted Early 19. Doesn't worry me because I'm not budgeting for it any earlier :)
    Plus it will give them time to build out the supercharger network a bit more. Brisbane end 2016, Adelaide end 2017, perhaps Perth & surrounds or a few more odds and ends done by end 2018 :)

4. Bennny

Bennny Member

I'm hoping they add more too. There's only a handful in Melbourne, with the influx of additional cars on the road, they'll be overloaded for sure.

5. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Guesstimation: On/about October 1 2018, possibly earlier. Within two months of the first right hand drive deliveries to UK and Japanese Customers one way or the other.

6. Chuq

Chuq Member

But people don't drive to the supercharger every week to fill up like they do with petrol. They are designed for long distance driving. Most charging is done at home.

(I know I often forget about those without off street parking, but people aren't going to drop money on a car without a convenient place to charge it!)

7. Chuq

Chuq Member

• Informative x 1
  8. AUSinator

AUSinator Member

6-12 months after the US. My prediction is closer to the 12 months than 6 months. That would make it end of 2018 most likely. If my car delivery date would be Nov or Dec i would consider delaying for Jan to get a 2019 compliance plate. You can then sell it as a 2019 car 3-4 years later and the difference would be $3000- $5000 better resale value.

• Like x 1
  9. Bennny

Bennny Member

You're absolutely right; 90% of my charging will be done at home.

The other 10% however, will be driving to Melbourne from the country, and also many trips to the Snow during Winter. Therefore, I'm hoping I won't need to wait a few hours to access a supercharger when I need one :)

• Like x 1
  10. Chuq

Chuq Member

I don't know how busy the Richmond ones are... but I expect Tesla will focus on the highways, etc. first. But cities will occasionally get more - notice in the US they kept to the long distance routes originally but now every major city (except Seattle) has one. To use the Melbourne example, places like Dandenong, Campbellfield, Werribee etc. would be ideal as covering both local and long distance use cases.

11. Chuq

Chuq Member

At least one Model 3 delivery arrived in Australia today :)

[​IMG]

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1