Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Model 3 deliveries commence for Australia?

When will Model 3 deliveries commence for Australia?

• Mid 17

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late 17

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Early 18

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Mid 18

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Late 18

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Early 19

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Mid 19

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Late 19

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Early 20

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted Early 19. Doesn't worry me because I'm not budgeting for it any earlier :)
Plus it will give them time to build out the supercharger network a bit more. Brisbane end 2016, Adelaide end 2017, perhaps Perth & surrounds or a few more odds and ends done by end 2018 :)

I voted Early 19. Doesn't worry me because I'm not budgeting for it any earlier :)
Plus it will give them time to build out the supercharger network a bit more. Brisbane end 2016, Adelaide end 2017, perhaps Perth & surrounds or a few more odds and ends done by end 2018 :)

I'm hoping they add more too. There's only a handful in Melbourne, with the influx of additional cars on the road, they'll be overloaded for sure.

I'm hoping they add more too. There's only a handful in Melbourne, with the influx of additional cars on the road, they'll be overloaded for sure.

But people don't drive to the supercharger every week to fill up like they do with petrol. They are designed for long distance driving. Most charging is done at home.

(I know I often forget about those without off street parking, but people aren't going to drop money on a car without a convenient place to charge it!)

6-12 months after the US. My prediction is closer to the 12 months than 6 months. That would make it end of 2018 most likely. If my car delivery date would be Nov or Dec i would consider delaying for Jan to get a 2019 compliance plate. You can then sell it as a 2019 car 3-4 years later and the difference would be $3000- $5000 better resale value.

Reactions: Bennny
But people don't drive to the supercharger every week to fill up like they do with petrol. They are designed for long distance driving. Most charging is done at home.

You're absolutely right; 90% of my charging will be done at home.

The other 10% however, will be driving to Melbourne from the country, and also many trips to the Snow during Winter. Therefore, I'm hoping I won't need to wait a few hours to access a supercharger when I need one :)

Reactions: Chuq
You're absolutely right; 90% of my charging will be done at home.

The other 10% however, will be driving to Melbourne from the country, and also many trips to the Snow during Winter. Therefore, I'm hoping I won't need to wait a few hours to access a supercharger when I need one :)

I don't know how busy the Richmond ones are... but I expect Tesla will focus on the highways, etc. first. But cities will occasionally get more - notice in the US they kept to the long distance routes originally but now every major city (except Seattle) has one. To use the Melbourne example, places like Dandenong, Campbellfield, Werribee etc. would be ideal as covering both local and long distance use cases.

At least one Model 3 delivery arrived in Australia today :)

QjRzVTe.png

(I know I often forget about those without off street parking, but people aren't going to drop money on a car without a convenient place to charge it!)

They have also been designed to be the "Rideshare Car of the Future".

In that application (and all other commercial uses) convenient, multiple sites are necessary. Commercial operators can't go back "home" for a charge that takes 4-6 hours to complete.

If Tesla doesn't want Limo and other transport operators from utilising the Supercharger network then they should make it clear from the start, refuse the sales and not offer "free supercharging for life" without conditions.