Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Model X charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 90d and I set my charging to 90%. It's a March 17 build and my 90% is 236 miles. For the last few days, the car has been parked in the garage but connected to the charger. It's dropped from 236 miles to 225 and I'm curious when the car will automatically charge again to get back to 90%?

Is there a certain percentage it needs to drop before it charges? Do I need to unplug it and plug it back in?

Thanks

I have a 90d and I set my charging to 90%. It's a March 17 build and my 90% is 236 miles. For the last few days, the car has been parked in the garage but connected to the charger. It's dropped from 236 miles to 225 and I'm curious when the car will automatically charge again to get back to 90%?

Is there a certain percentage it needs to drop before it charges? Do I need to unplug it and plug it back in?

Thanks
When the battery drops more than 3% from the set point, it will top it off again.

Perfect. Thanks for the reply.
I think you might be missing a point - it is possible that your car NOW is at 90% - it's just 90% with cold battery only good for 225 miles. When the temps get warmer, your range might begin to increase without actual charging.

Change your units to energy so the battery charge is displayed in % instead of miles to know for sure.

• Helpful
Reactions: thecloud