Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where’s 2020.12.5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm the new launch mode is in 2020.12.5 code got it last night on my Raven Performance, cheetah stance all the way
now this is what I want to see..... and WHY IN THE HELL does the MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE not have LAUNCH MODE.........

now that I have got that out of my system.... lets see the "cheetah stance" in action.... come on come on....

I got the update overnight. I tried installing it remotely 4 times but it always failed so I had to do it old school and install it directly from the car.

The only car that got it so far is only on AP2/MCU1 so it didn't get the dashcam viewer. I did confirm the out-of-order Supercharger functionality works. Also, the release notes showed up instantly and are actually visible so I think they've updated the font color. I also noticed that Supercharger pins on the map are transparent now. They were always solid before.
Supercharger pins are solid if they are within your current range and transparent if outside that range. You can test this by checking charger around you when at a low SoC and then again when charged up.

Reactions: Sennapirke
Supercharger pins are solid if they are within your current range and transparent if outside that range. You can test this by checking charger around you when at a low SoC and then again when charged up.

hmmm, I don't think that is a new thing since I've been seeing a combination of transparent and solid icons for at least 8 months of updates.
All of mine were transparent after installing the update. After rebooting, the closer Superchargers are solid again.

the supercharger info is good stuff.. I have had that since 2020.12. but glad they finally added into the release notes. now if they could actually say which stall it is, that would be gold.. funny note, when I saw that it was telling me that one stall was out. of course the one stall I picked was the broken one. hahah

the video viewer is game changing. its something that is very very useful specially if you come back and find damage.

now if they could actually say which stall it is, that would be gold.. funny note, when I saw that it was telling me that one stall was out. of course the one stall I picked was the broken one.

Most of the superchargers I've been to don't have the stalls numbered so I'm not sure how this work. Ideally they all have lights indicating available, unavailable, or in use (charging or finished when car is plugged in.)

Here's my closest one in Los Angeles. Unless I'm missing something - no numbered signs, numbered paint on the ground or on the charger itself. Par for course for "me" in Los Angeles. Small numbers of charger handle or elsewhere I'm missing?

Tesla Supercharger photos
Those are 72Kw Urban Superchargers, and they are all dedicated so the A B and numbering is not necessary. V2 superchargers are always numbered 1A 1B, 2A 2B, and so on and each pair shares the a single power transformer.

Most of the superchargers I've been to don't have the stalls numbered so I'm not sure how this work. Ideally they all have lights indicating available, unavailable, or in use (charging or finished when car is plugged in.)

thats odd - I've not found an SC that doesn't have numbered stalls
v2 Superchargers are labeled. v3 Superchargers aren't.

thats odd - I've not found an SC that doesn't have numbered stalls
V3 won't have a stall number however there is not a lot of them... more than ever but no where near the amount of V2. and the urban chargers don't have a number as well as they don't spilt power. what they could do for V3 and urban is give them a number that way the system can flag it as "#2 is out of service" that way you know don't use that one. the V2 could say "stall 1A and 1B are out of service... they can do it. but it would take some work for them...

Seems like they patched the autopilot while towing bug. Before you could turn tow mode off, turn on autopilot, then turn tow mode back on. Now when you turn tow mode back on it freaks out with the “take over immediately” and turns off autopilot. I was really enjoying cruising while towing on long straight stretches on the highway.