Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 2023.12 vs 2023.20 (ignoring 2023.26)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my MYLR last week which was built in mid July. The software shows "up to date", but it's 2023.12.400. 2023.20 came out over 2 months ago, and 2023.26 is not for the Y, as far as I understand.

I understand that software updates roll out over weeks, but this seems to be a generation behind, especially as a "new install".

1) So isn't the software out of date by not being on 2023.20?
2) The manual states that software updates don't occur if sentry mode is on. Is that just for checking or actual installation? I've turned off sentry mode from the screen as well as the app, but it keeps going back to ON when I leave the car.

Reactions: fsb1
Received my MYLR last week which was built in mid July. The software shows "up to date", but it's 2023.12.400. 2023.20 came out over 2 months ago, and 2023.26 is not for the Y, as far as I understand.

I understand that software updates roll out over weeks, but this seems to be a generation behind, especially as a "new install".

1) So isn't the software out of date by not being on 2023.20?
2) The manual states that software updates don't occur if sentry mode is on. Is that just for checking or actual installation? I've turned off sentry mode from the screen as well as the app, but it keeps going back to ON when I leave the car.
Thanks for asking about this because I had the same question. I took delivery of my MYLR on 7/24 and I still have 2023.12.400 (as of a few minutes ago when I checked).

Reactions: nemodio
I've had 2 updates so far and currently running 2023.20.9. What's with this 2023.26.x version. Is it a HW3 vs HW4 difference?
Not sure if it’s HW3 dependent since it’s a new fsd beta version it looks like? I have HW3 and this is the version I’m on.

Not sure if it’s HW3 dependent since it’s a new fsd beta version it looks like? I have HW3 and this is the version I’m on.

Looks like the same FSD version on 20.9
1691461118176.png

I have no idea, though. 🤷‍♂️