Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are we with VIN Numbers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
31xxx posted this morning. Beware of vin 10,581; it was assigned to me last week. It was so bad the SC rejected it and told me they wouldn't feel right letting me take delivery of it.

I just declined 10550, same config. Looked tragic.paint mismatches, scratches, , trim unattached, charging door misaligned, one door - glass hardware physically loose inside door.. Glad to know that this was likely part of a set of bad VINs.

Rejected ...234xx today. There were several minor paint issues that could have been touched up. A larger issue was the hatchback bottom alignment (fore/aft) was almost 6mm off; the bottom of the tailgate was an extra 6mm forward of the rear of the car.

They probably could have touched up all of this, but the clincher was the interior, not the quality, but the color... I hate all black interiors and have a Model S with a cream interior. I expected some sort of off-white with the black/white interior. What I saw was a blindingly, brilliant white set of seats. Foolish me for assuming something in an on-line order. With newborn twin grandsons, a 3-year old granddaughter, and doing a lot of field farm work, I decided that the brilliant white just would not work, and black was the lesser of two evils.

I rejected the car, and will recycle my order with the standard black interior, saving $1,000.

Other than that, this was my first time seeing a Y in person. It is just what I want. I will have fun testing the towing capacity. Here is a picture of my FJ with about 6,000 lb of hay on a 2,000 lb of trailer (The FJ is rated for up to a 9,500 lb trailer). I have a smaller trailer that is a little less than 1,000 lb empty. I will be fun putting 2,000 lb or so of hay on that trailer and getting a hay hauling pic with the Model Y. Hopefully, the replacement Y will show up with a black interior before second cutting in September!

Hay Trailer.jpg

Tailgate.jpg