Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you charge your Model Y to for daily use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I don't floor it often, I actually drive it in chill mode most of the time, unless I feel like accelerating hard. I do live in a somewhat warm climate so that could also be a factor, who knows. I appreciate the response.
I don't know that flooring it will affect the long term health of the battery but I have not read any studies on how short term rapid discharging will affect a lithium battery.

Reactions: Art84
I have a Tesla charger at home at 240V @48A. I have it set to 80% however I now don’t charge here as much. My two office locations have Tesla chargers so I don’t get to charge at home that often.

I’m actually considering dropping to 70%, maybe 60%. I have access to a charger at home, work so I don’t get concerned about it. I just figure most of the time 80% is not “needed”.

I charge have access to charge everyday but I usually wait until around 30-40% and then I charge as I want to make sure I have enough in case I’m meeting clients.