Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where should we park in London for 4 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
We are visiting London with our X, and the car will probably not be used while staying in an airbnb (maybe close to Hyde Park) for 3 nights (mon-thur).
Is it possible to street park for such a long time (and if so, is it safe)? Or should we maybe use a parking house?

If you come up my way you can park at High Barnet station. 37 mins to Euston station on the northern line. I think about £7/day and potentially EV charging if it hasn’t been ICE’d. Alternatively there are some streets where there is no CPZ (so free!!)

Ordinarily, I would not leave an X parked on the street overnight. Having said that, last time I drove around downtown London, I passed six Bentley’s parked on the street within 1 block. I’m pretty sure that nobody will mess with your X in that area. :D

Thanks for more excellent answers!
We´ll be arriving London from south east (driving from Norway:).
I want to drive my disabled dad all the way to the appartement, and I also see now that we´ll probably use the car to get to the Harry Potter Museum (instead of doing three train changes), so I guess we´ll chose a car park pretty close by.

Thanks for more excellent answers!
We´ll be arriving London from south east (driving from Norway:).
I want to drive my disabled dad all the way to the appartement, and I also see now that we´ll probably use the car to get to the Harry Potter Museum (instead of doing three train changes), so I guess we´ll chose a car park pretty close by.
If you’re going to the Harry Potter studio tour at Warner Bros they have their own car park, included with your ticket. They also have some chargers there too.

You do need to book in advance for the studio tour.

We waited ages for the studio tour - then on the morning that we were going, the car broke down and as it was over Christmas break, no chance of getting it fixed. Thankfully we managed to borrow a car and got there with about 10 minutes to spare. That was the point that I decided that our second car needed to have more than 2 seats...

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
We waited ages for the studio tour - then on the morning that we were going, the car broke down and as it was over Christmas break, no chance of getting it fixed. Thankfully we managed to borrow a car and got there with about 10 minutes to spare. That was the point that I decided that our second car needed to have more than 2 seats...
We’re going for the Studio Tour towards the end of September. I booked it back in April for the wife’s birthday present, but it was booked up months ahead unless you wanted a silly time like 5pm!

Absolutely safe to park overnight in this area (pay display bay or single yellow line from 6:30pm)
Great news for you is that when parking an ev on pay and display in westminster borough you pay 10 minutes and can stay 4 hours. Pay hours is usually 9:30 to 6:30 so you ll only need to move car twice during the day :) download ringo and register your EV

Dont forget to register your car on cclondon and apply for cleaner vehicle discount (takes 3 -5 days) it will save you 11.50 congestion charge per day :)

Enjoy

I've found that q-park is pretty good, and has some laces right in super-central london that seem safe, secure, and *relatively* cheap for london. Plus they often have a good few free spaces. Ive parked at their harley street, trafalgar square and parliament square car parks in my model S without any issue.
And yup... central london is staggeringly-pricey-car city. Nobody will gawp at your X or try and steal it :D.

Absolutely safe to park overnight in this area (pay display bay or single yellow line from 6:30pm)
Dont forget to register your car on cclondon and apply for cleaner vehicle discount (takes 3 -5 days) it will save you 11.50 congestion charge per day :)
Thanks, but it looks like I need to create an Auto Pay account to do that, and that in turn requires a UK postcode..