TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where's the Tesla market?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keith909man, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Looking to get a used model S. What are some of the best sites to look for a personal seller for a Tesla? Looked at tesla inventory and ev-cpo already but most of those are show room cars

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

Try autotrader.com, cars.com, and eBay motors

3. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

The used market has slowed down a bit over the past week and there's very little new activity.

There's a Facebook group of tesla for sale by owner, this forums classified and the ev-CPO site you mentioned.

If you haven't done so already I'd recommend getting in contact with a sales advisor to see what they may have that's not published online.

I would avoid any third party dealerships and stick with private used or direct from tesla used/CPO.

• Like x 1
  4. cab

cab Member

Although I picked up a CPO car myself a little over a year ago, there is a pretty decent price disparity between regular used (non-CPO) and CPO cars...so much so that if I were to buy today, I would be very tempted to pick up a non-CPO and just set $5-$6K aside for possible repairs. The drive units and batteries are still covered under the 8 year warranty so it isn't like you are entirely on your own.

it does help that I am in Texas and, oddly enough, there are a couple of resellers around here that offer a number of Teslas.

• Like x 1