Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which candidate is better for Tesla?

Who is better for Tesla?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 188 81.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Don't cry for me": Melania

I know: it's off topic, and should be sent to Snippyland or Polilimbo, but it's been running through my head for the past four days and I just had to scratch that itch.

"The truth is, I oughta left you"

to be continued.....

Gee, my post hasn't been excised yet? Okay, maybe this will tip the scale....

"Don't cry for me": Melania
The truth is, I oughta left ya.
But Trump Chicago
And Mar-a-Lago
Are so alluring
That I'm enduring
Your crass behavior
The "Wackos' Savior"....

O Capitol Steps - Where Art Thou?

Just FYI, yesterday Trump promised to kill off funding for climate change programs:
The most dangerous things Donald Trump wants to do within his first 100 days at the White House

This article from a few days ago speculates he would not be good for the EV industry:
3 Things a President Trump Would Do About Electric Cars

As I've said before, Trump is so capricious, who knows what he would actually do, but if you take what he says at face value, he's not a big fan of any kind of alternative energy. There is a video on YouTube from 2013 of him ranting on Fox News about the money the US government "wastes" on alternative energy and companies like Solyndra and Fisker

I think the odds are poor he would do anything positive for the EV industry.

Trump probably does not owe as many millions of dollar of favors to the House of Saud and other foreign producers as the Clinton Dynasty does.

With unknown future subsidies, the EV remote charging providers will probably get on the fast track to complete contracts.

Well, he wants to fire up coal all around the country again, filling the air with smog and toxins. Fracking will go unchecked and we will have many more earthquakes. Gasoline will be ultra cheap, so, alternative energy is going to have a hard time. I'm feeling very depressed today.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
Sooner or later ev has to stand on it's own feet. It is rapidly becoming competitive with other energy sourcer and transportation modes. So, I'm not too worried about politics. Trump is just one part of a machine that moves slowly and may have no real desire to move quickly in this case. Besides, you might consider that Republicans buy Teslas too. My very Republican grandchildren all would kill for my Tesla. I think Tesla is safe on that account.

Reactions: gabeincal
I think this will be far more detrimental to the lower priced EVs like the Leaf and Bolt. The M3 will certainly be effected *IF* the credit is pulled before Tesla reaches it's 200K, but most of the M3s were already not going to qualify while the Leaf and Bolt would take years and years to hit 200K.

Given that, I actually see Trump as more of a positive for Tesla because it will basically kill any competition. Of course Elon has repeatedly said his goal is to get the entire auto industry to adopt EVs because he believes that will ultimately help Tesla but I'm not sure I believe that.

And yes I voted for Hillary.

Well, he wants to fire up coal all around the country again, filling the air with smog and toxins. Fracking will go unchecked and we will have many more earthquakes. Gasoline will be ultra cheap, so, alternative energy is going to have a hard time. I'm feeling very depressed today.

Cheer up, it's not all that bad, you just avoided war with Russia and Syria.

Blueshield recently notified me that starting next year, my monthly health premium will go up by $250/month. If Trump keeps his promise to repeal the Obamacare, I will save around $9000 in 36 months (that's how long I lease my model S 75D), which is more than the $7500 federal tax credit. The more money people can keep, the more they can spend on other things and help stimulate the economy. For those of you, who support Clinton, don't feel so depressed. You are living in the best country in the world. Having spent the first 16 years of my childhood life in the communist Vietnam, I can really appreciate the great opportunities this country has offered me. It's wonderful that America have a peaceful way of overturning the government that they don't want.....and it's called Voting. If you don't like Trump, you can vote him out of office in 2020.

I will save around $9000 in 36 months
How does that compare to the out-of-pocket cost of a week in the hospital if you don't have insurance at all?

If you don't like Trump, you can vote him out of office in 2020
What charming naivete' and hearkening back to a simpler, more genteel time! These days we don't wait for the next election;
we start agitating for impeachment even before inauguration. ;)

Reactions: sorka and gabeincal
trump is not in the energy business like bush was

Think again:
In Case You Were Wondering, Donald Trump Has Multiple Ties to the Dakota Access Pipeline

Blueshield recently notified me that starting next year, my monthly health premium will go up by $250/month. If Trump keeps his promise to repeal the Obamacare, I will save around $9000 in 36 months (that's how long I lease my model S 75D), which is more than the $7500 federal tax credit. The more money people can keep, the more they can spend on other things and help stimulate the economy. For those of you, who support Clinton, don't feel so depressed. You are living in the best country in the world. Having spent the first 16 years of my childhood life in the communist Vietnam, I can really appreciate the great opportunities this country has offered me. It's wonderful that America have a peaceful way of overturning the government that they don't want.....and it's called Voting. If you don't like Trump, you can vote him out of office in 2020.

You think that your insurance rates wouldn't go up if Obamacare wasn't there? They were going up a fair bit every year before Obamacare too.

As for voting Trump out of office in 2020, I hope we're still here to do that. We just gave someone with no impulse control and the thinnest skin imaginable the codes to a nuclear arsenal that can wipe out life on Earth.

On the Gigafactory thread I suggested he open it... after all he loves Big buildings and it would be a chance to get him 'on side'. The one good thing about being a sociopath with no shame is that he can blow whichever way he wants. Methinks I think, albeit from my overseas perch, he will spend most of his presidency at odds with the more zealous republicans like Ryan.

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677 and Snerruc