Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which center console, Tesla or EVAnnex?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the EVAnnex cubby door is simple to install even with the tesla console installed.
the tesla center console? it wasn't available when I got my CCI and I don't think I have ever seen one in a car.

If you haven't seen a Tesla console in a car, how do you know the cubby door would be easy to install above it? There appears to be very little space between the top of the console and the underside of the cubby (maybe 5/16"?), so it could be tricky to maneuver a pair of peel-and-stick tabs, that want to grab anything they touch and that are wider than the height of that gap, under the cubby, align the door and then get something in underneath to press the tabs upward firmly without getting the door misaligned in the process.

"…the EVAnnex center console (CCI) comes in all matching trims and is simple to install. I usually take it out and put it in my loaner if my car goes to the SC."

Now that is one of the best arguments I have heard yet for CCI. No need to unload items from the console and find a secure place for them in the loaner.

Anyone know what the turnaround/delivery time is for the Tesla center console? I ordered one a couple weeks ago along with several other accessories. The other items were shipped and delivered in about a week. Still have not heard anything regarding the center console. I realize it's shipped to my service center, but no word yet. Do these take a while to get delivered?

Anyone know what the turnaround/delivery time is for the Tesla center console? I ordered one a couple weeks ago along with several other accessories. The other items were shipped and delivered in about a week. Still have not heard anything regarding the center console. I realize it's shipped to my service center, but no word yet. Do these take a while to get delivered?

I ordered my front console in early September and it was at my Delivery Center within 2 weeks ahead of my MS arrival there. Suggest you send an email to the Tesla Store folks and ask for status, as my experience with Tesla Store shipment notices via email have been hit-and-miss -- they generally come for the first thing in an order or when everything ships together, but not always if something ships from a separate location or is delayed for some reason (like my Dual Chargers were -- my DS found my order and honcho'd them, but I never did get shipment confirmation myself from the Tesla Store about them for example.)

Just installed the evvanex in my 2015 s. It looks amazing. Could not be happier. Great match on color (gray) and the finish is top quality. Seen tesla one in some videos. Thought it looked kinda cheap.
Agree. I ordered the original Tesla console for my MS before delivery, but after two times of the top door failing (first time was fixed under warranty, but failed again within a week), I also ordered a grey Evannex console and it has worked well since. Perfect match on the leather, as well as the carbon fiber is the same size and pattern as my MS dash. Evannex attention to detail is good enough the carbon fiber pattern even flows in the same direction as my dash, looking as if it was a factory option. I put in their expensive (carbon fiber) cubby door as well, and must say the flow of my whole center console is the way I expect it should be. Great job.

Agree. I ordered the original Tesla console for my MS before delivery, but after two times of the top door failing (first time was fixed under warranty, but failed again within a week), I also ordered a grey Evannex console and it has worked well since. Perfect match on the leather, as well as the carbon fiber is the same size and pattern as my MS dash. Evannex attention to detail is good enough the carbon fiber pattern even flows in the same direction as my dash, looking as if it was a factory option. I put in their expensive (carbon fiber) cubby door as well, and must say the flow of my whole center console is the way I expect it should be. Great job.

Picture of it installed please?

Picture of it installed please?
Two quickies from my iPhone just for you!

Evannex Center Console; Note on the right, easy access to USB ports with storage area to put your phone and cables, or in my case, cables, my USB SSD and iPhone X when it's not in my pocket; single cup holder, and sliding storage area cover with gray leather and matching carbon fiber trim.
IMG_1347.jpg

A second closer photo that also provides a better view of the matching MS cubby tray and cover. For me, it's all so much more refined this way.
IMG_1348.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkKW
Two quickies from my iPhone just for you!

Evannex Center Console; Note on the right, easy access to USB ports with storage area to put your phone and cables, or in my case, cables, my USB SSD and iPhone X when it's not in my pocket; single cup holder, and sliding storage area cover with gray leather and matching carbon fiber trim.
View attachment 318671

A second closer photo that also provides a better view of the matching MS cubby tray and cover. For me, it's all so much more refined this way.
View attachment 318672

Mush appreciated. Does the pocket go down to the standard opening below?

Mush appreciated. Does the pocket go down to the standard opening below?
The back pocket I suspect is really designed for a cell phone and where my cables are, is a little more than 3” deep with a hole about the size of a cigarette lighter in the bottom center that could be used to fish a cable up through it if you desire. I did that at first, but quickly determined it was almost easier in terms of accessing my plugged-in phone (while I’m not driving of course), and does not look that much more messy, to simply keep the USB cables plugged in under the armrests running on top of the back part of the console where both ends are more accessible. I keep them wound up and stored down in that pocket when not in use. Simple and barely noticeable if you use black cables. I suspect the back pocket has a full bottom, because IMO that was a design flaw of the original Tesla console were things could slip beyond reach, never to be found again until you physically unscrewed a bunch of things. ;)

Of note is unlike the original Tesla console, the Evannex version requires no screws or anything else to install or remove... either can be done in a couple minutes once you figure out how to angle it down under the cubby and push on the back to get beyond the front lip under the center arm rests. It’s very firm once it’s in place, as if it were physically attached (ie great design). IIRC there are videos on the Evannex site, so do check there for more photos and such that may be useful in your evaluation.

Reactions: MarkKW
The back pocket I suspect is really designed for a cell phone and where my cables are, is a little more than 3” deep with a hole about the size of a cigarette lighter in the bottom center that could be used to fish a cable up through it if you desire. I did that at first, but quickly determined it was almost easier in terms of accessing my plugged-in phone (while I’m not driving of course), and does not look that much more messy, to simply keep the USB cables plugged in under the armrests running on top of the back part of the console where both ends are more accessible. I keep them wound up and stored down in that pocket when not in use. Simple and barely noticeable if you use black cables. I suspect the back pocket has a full bottom, because IMO that was a design flaw of the original Tesla console were things could slip beyond reach, never to be found again until you physically unscrewed a bunch of things. ;)

Of note is unlike the original Tesla console, the Evannex version requires no screws or anything else to install or remove... either can be done in a couple minutes once you figure out how to angle it down under the cubby and push on the back to get beyond the front lip under the center arm rests. It’s very firm once it’s in place, as if it were physically attached (ie great design). IIRC there are videos on the Evannex site, so do check there for more photos and such that may be useful in your evaluation.

Again super appreciated

I got the EVamped CCI with the LED cups for less than the Evannex and it gives me 2 cups plus storage. Just another option. I have the matching rear console for the kiddos and they love the USB ports for their games.
We have that one also in the rear seat, best purchase ever. Kids have an iPad holder that fits in the console, for watching movies on the summer trips. Now we can all charge while driving with the extras in the back.

Reactions: Jimmy 1