Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which of these expensive mods would you buy first?

Which of these would you get before the others?

• Acceleration Boost

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Aftermarket coilovers

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Aftermarket wheels

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • PPF

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Roof mount/hitch accessories

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • None of these!

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mpp coilovers are definitely my favorite mod but hands down ppf first. I'd rather sacrifice ride comfort and looks for a little while for pristine paint. Little point is protecting your paint once it's chipped and pitted even if you have coilovers.

Get the PPF first to protect, then quickly get Coilovers to improve ride quality & lessen the wheel well gap... then you can toss the other three into a hat and pick - cause the hard work is done.

The rest is icing on the cake.

Wheels are easy to swap, racks/hitch toys are amazing - and we all know you’ll eventually get the acceleration boost anyway 💪👍

Reactions: Exelion
I’m glad to see PPF is winning. I got 3 rock chips in 2k miles before I had XPEL Stealth installed. I can’t believe how easily the Tesla paint chips.
Are coilovers really worth it? I thought the Y rode like crap on the factory Goodyear’s. I swapped out a set of Michelin PS4S and find the ride to be fine now. Thoughts?

Yes, it looks like people really value their rides to be getting PPF first. Also, the longer you wait, the more the front end starts getting damaged, is probably why people put that at the very too.

acceleration boost kinda surprised me, not about the part that people crave more power (speed sells, period) just seems that more people are ok with the suspension or just not willing to part $3,000+ to change it than I thought.

Unfortunately I obtained 3 rock chips before my PPF install. They touched them up but I still know where they are. I wish I would’ve done it sooner, but we had to take a trip to Atlanta to get it done. The XPEL Stealth did help to hide the imperfections though. The Michelin’s made the ride quality livable for me. I can’t believe I took tires off with only 3k miles on them. I guess it is what it is though.

I assume a coil over swap would void the part of Tesla’s warranty?

By the books yes. But Tesla has to prove that the suspension change caused whatever happened if you need to use your warranty. I'd say the chances of failure should be pretty low, especially if you go with reputable companies and installers.

Yes, it looks like people really value their rides to be getting PPF first. Also, the longer you wait, the more the front end starts getting damaged, is probably why people put that at the very too.

acceleration boost kinda surprised me, not about the part that people crave more power (speed sells, period) just seems that more people are ok with the suspension or just not willing to part $3,000+ to change it than I thought.

I think it's bc acceleration boost is easy. Like...a few clicks of the finger easy and it's direct from Tesla. Far fewer people are willing to do mods that take some waiting and more research.