Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Premium Audio Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not quite sure I understand the question fully, but.... when you subscribe to premium connectivity, you get streaming access to slacker. You do not get a spotify subscription, just the ability to access your own paid subscription if you already have one.

Just like with premium connectivity, you get access to stream netflix in the car using the car's cellular connection but you dont get a paid netflix account.

Connectivity

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.16.06 PM.png

I was not sure if one had the option of Slacker or Spotify, THANKS.

My understanding is this is also a water downed slacker as far as
audio bit rates but I don't know for sure.
Bit rates are ultimately dictated by the receiving device and Tesla is "watered down" about the same for all since Tesla pays for the data. Spotify is newer added App/service for people who have a Spotify account. It allows you to use all your Spotify Playlists. Hope to see more services added like Apple Music, YouTube Music and Amazon Music.

Would be nice if Tesla added a higher bit rate/quality option but they would have to charge more per month. Maybe a $12 a month for a HQ Connectivity option would be nice.

Last edited:
I was not sure if one had the option of Slacker or Spotify, THANKS.

My understanding is this is also a water downed slacker as far as
audio bit rates but I don't know for sure.

In the US, its slacker, but I am not sure its the same everywhere. I am not sure where you are, though. On "watered down" its a lower bit rate version than you can get on your phone or computer, so compared to that, yeah.

It all depends on how picky you are about music. Maybe picky is the wrong word. "Discerning" is a better one, lol.