Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Roof Box are you using with Whispbar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My WB701 has arrived and been installed. It looks much less out of alignment than the old box but it's probably just because it's shaped differently.

View attachment 112674

The biggest difference is in how much quieter it is than the old one! Oh, also in how much less energy it seems to take to get it through the air. I took a little drive on I-5 from Eugene to Cottage Grove and back. Conditions were just about as perfect as they come (61F, sunny, no wind to speak of), traffic was light, and I set the cruise at 65 mph. The trip meter since last stop was from REI to my driveway (with the freeway bit in the middle). The picture of the average use graph shows approximately 15 miles of freeway driving on either side of the turn around (the little down and up spikes in the middle). I'm impressed.

View attachment 112677View attachment 112678

That just looks lovely on top of the car.

Looks like I am hitting 370 Wh/mi with the Thule. It was windy and hilly where I drove thou. :(

The local rack store owner mentioned that Yakima has had problems with the Whispbar boxes. The WB700B I got at REI was great thou too small. Seemed very solid.

- - - Updated - - -

In case anybody is interested, here's a picture of my roofbox storage and install hoist. I can install and uninstall by myself in a few minutes. The 701 is quite heavy.
View attachment 112322

Ok, I wasn't going to get one... but now I am sold. Thanks.