Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which should I buy: an older Stealth with 18's or an AWD with 19's and better color?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a hard time following this thread. The question is should I buy a 2018 black/white stealth with 19" wheels, or a 2019 blue/white (?AWD) also with 19" wheels. You don't specifically mention that the 2019 is not a stealth although I'm inferring it from follow up posts. You also don't state how many miles each car has, or whether either car is being sold as new and therefore eligible for federal and CA tax credits.

Black vs blue is just personal preference. It seems silly to tell you what we think because it's not our car. Stealth is obviously better than AWD but without knowing miles, new/used, and price it's hard to comment.

And for the people telling you to buy 18" wheels, are you suggesting the OP sell the 19" wheels that come with the car and buy a set of 18's? That seems kind of silly. I like the 18" wheels better but if I was buying a car with 19's installed I would just leave them as is and maybe consider swapping when it's time to replace them.
yea, 19's are fine. I changed from 18's to 19s personally.

Personally suggested a friend to buy a demo. Ended up the best purchase ever due to an extreme discount. 300 miles odometer for 3 month older car than new.

They got their 18 awd LR with EAP for cheaper than my 18 RWD LR with EAP. For only 300 miles! That's a 2.5 day work commute for me. Bastards!

Unless the ‘18 or ‘19 car is discounted significantly I would be getting a ‘20 stealth.

I’d even go so far to forgo the tax rebate to get a ‘20 stealth.

For the naysayers that say model year doesn’t matter... not true come sales time. Also ‘20 has had hardware updates from ‘18.

Get what you want and don’t let $2k tax rebate make you kick yourself later for not getting what you want (which sounds like is a stealth :) )

OK, to update again, Xmas eve I found a Performance demo that was only a few grand more than the stealth, so pulled the trigger. Since I plunked down another $100, instead of matching (it was 10 pm), I'm going to see if they'll let me have both side by side to chose, but if not, I know I really wanted the performance all along, and will be happy with that (its blue on black).

Thanks for the input guys. . .

Also, "plain old" AWD now can get a $2k performance boost so more zippy, no track mode though - personal prefs again ;)
I can't believe I got the second page before hearing this. Get the color you want and buy the $2K Acceleration Boost. You won't get track mode but you probably save some cash; and, get to look at the color of your choice every day; and, still smoke nearly all cars on the road. Use the cash saved to get 18" wheels, if you prefer.

Reactions: Msjulie