Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which updates would you pay for?

What software updates would you pay for presuming fair pricing?

• .5s faster acceleration for $2K

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 1.0s faster acceleration

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • New arcade game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New streaming channel (e.g., Hulu, Disney, ESPN)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Heated rear seats

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Functioning fog lights

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Auto parking that works

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Advanced summon

• Auto-adjust cruise speed relative to speed limit

• Faster supercharing rate

• Streaming audio

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Car Karaoke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CarPlay, perhaps, but as I understand it, CarPlay takes over teh NAV, so not technically possible without a massive code rewrite.

Carplay/Auto just stream a GUI from the phone and take back touch input. Tesla has no good reason to avoid implementing this. They are now one of the last car brands to insist on proprietary nav. That is the Tesla way, our body shops, no third party repair, salvaged cars need their approval, etc. to vertically integrate and force you into their ecosystem. Similar to Apple in that way. Soon they can drop cellular for the Space X satellites and public roads for Boring Co tunnels.

I thought this thread was a joke.

I'd pay for nothing. Why pay for software that we already know is buggy and is going to break stuff? From a company that can't communicate the time of day? I'm happy in the "2 to 6 months behind" category - let someone else find out they have been cap-gated/charge-gated so at least I can make an educated decision whether or not to download the buggy software. It's inevitable its going to happen to the rest of us someday soon, IMHO.

1. heated steering wheel

I have owned more than a dozen EVs over the last decade and all had a heated steering wheel. That the Model 3 doesn't offer this in any configuration is a first for the industry and just bizarre. I prefer driving my Chevy Bolt when not snowing for this feature and the Android Auto. We'll see if the Model Y continues the folly.

I’d pay $250 to have “advanced” track mode that eliminates all traction control, provides the rear end with “limited slip” and allows user specific torque split between front and rear. All of this should be able to be done via software.

I’d pay $250 to have “advanced” track mode that eliminates all traction control, provides the rear end with “limited slip” and allows user specific torque split between front and rear. All of this should be able to be done via software.

That would be pretty cool. A day pass to provide as much as Tesla could of the performance package would be nice. I would pay about $75 for a day of fun on the track.

Pretty sure I have this already. Was in I-95 going 75 in light traffic and suddenly the car went into full re-gen and I glanced down to see the max speed limit was 35. About 5 seconds later it changed to 55.

An interstate with a 35 mph speed limit? On I-25 heading south out of downtown Denver it goes 55 to 60 to 65 to 75 as you head out of town. My speed warning is set for 9mph over the speed limit and getting onto the interstate and activating FSD sets things a 64. It stays like that for the entire commute despite all those changes in the speed limit.

Using Navigate on Autopilot, if it changes freeways (sometimes just a name change) the speed limit will readjust to 9mph over the current limit. But, it doesn't change again.