Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which wider tyres for uber turbines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up with my uberturbines and fitted some 18s last week. Smoother ride and less worries about kerbing and potholes. Not a choice everyone would be happy with but I like them.

IMG_3896.jpeg

Reactions: Skavatar
The wheels were just under £900 delivered from Gavin Wallace on the Tesla Owners Facebook group. I believe they are Varro brand but they arrived in unbranded boxes. Loads of people have bought wheels from him - they fit the Performance model perfectly without the need for any spacers etc.
I then fitted a set of Michelin CrossClimate2 for £600 (235/45/18).
The Tesla centre caps were £10 from Amazon.
IMG_3877.jpeg

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

Reactions: Skavatar
Can’t help with a specific, I’m still running the OEMs.
I did have some amazing Dunlops on my Lexus that had the most incredible kerb protection built-in. There was a rubber lip that protruded slightly, and it folded over the rim upon kerb impact. Saved me half a dozen times at least from needing a repair (our housing estate has kerbstones that look like they’ve been lifted from the Giants Causeway). Wheels looked brand new after 4 years. SP Sport Maxx 050 apparently.
1705853044559.jpeg

We got ours from Gavin as well. Super nice chap. I loathe Facebook but created an account solely to find Gavin. Wasn't certain if he is still sourcing them.
Hi Kenneth,

I am really interested in this wheels 18” for my two M3P RHD Facelift.
I have actually the standard 20” Uberturbines.
Do you recommend them?
What’s the range gain?
Also can I have the contact of Gavin Wallace, I never had a facebook account, and I will do one for this only reason!

Regards,
Fabio

I gave up with my uberturbines and fitted some 18s last week. Smoother ride and less worries about kerbing and potholes. Not a choice everyone would be happy with but I like them.

View attachment 1010912
I am really interested in this wheels 18” for my two M3P RHD Facelift.
I have actually the standard 20” Uberturbines.
Do you recommend them?
What’s the range gain?
Also can I have the contact of Gavin Wallace, I never had a facebook account, and I will do one for this only reason!

Regards,
Fabio