Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Ext / Black Int - Show your tint please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking at a number of tint combos/options and I am trying to find specific examples of white exterior and black interior tint. I am thinking 30-40% on all side windows and 70% back window AND windshield. My goal is to not drastically change the roof section tint over the rear seat. I am hoping to achieve a very balanced tint shade all around the vehicle. I have seen some where the front vs back look very different from the side due to windshield/rear-window variance. Has anyone done this or similar? Please share your thoughts or pics if you have something similar.

IMO 70% is too light if you are doing ANYTHING darker on the sides/rear. This is ceramic 5% and 33% front.
View media item 120221
That looks amazing!

Unfortunately it is too dark for local laws and although I want to push beyond legal I can't justify that dark in my area. I am thinking equal darkness on sides and then the 70% front/rear will help with the scenario where the drivers/front passenger window look so much lighter due to light entering from windshield.

I saw a blue one on here a while back that had a setup similar to what i am trying to achieve but I haven't been able to find it again. It was also white interior.

Anyway, keep the pics coming for any of you out there that have white/black tint setups. Thank you!

I just did 50% ceramic all around (front, rear windows, and back windshield). I was going back and forth between 35% and 50%, but decided on 50%..... wanted to be able to still see at night. I’m happy with the 50%.

Attachments

• 5CE1417C-8029-4BAF-BFBA-D8C2A32151FA.jpeg
    5CE1417C-8029-4BAF-BFBA-D8C2A32151FA.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 133
That looks amazing!

Unfortunately it is too dark for local laws and although I want to push beyond legal I can't justify that dark in my area. I am thinking equal darkness on sides and then the 70% front/rear will help with the scenario where the drivers/front passenger window look so much lighter due to light entering from windshield.
It's not as dark as it looks in that photo. From my 25 years of experience 70% is too light to bother with if you're paying for tint. 50% shield-specific film is great for windshields since it is barely visible from a darkness standpoint.